Ironman 70.3 Training Program

Jan1

Hi All

I'm looking for a coach/trainer and/or training program for Ironman 70.3 in Durban this year, preferably with indoor trainer (Kickr) options for the rides. I've done PE Ironman twice and many 70.3's, but been out for a few years. I'm short on training time so looking to maximise training effectiveness with a good program.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Where do you live?

Do you want online coaching, group/team coaching, or private coaching?

Hi, I'm in Joburg, but online probably preferable. I have some running and riding groups already - just looking for guidance and structure mostly rather than motivation and feedback etc. I have subscriptions to Sufferfest and Trainer Road - not sure if their programs are good for Triathlon though

Hi, I'm in Joburg, but online probably preferable. I have some running and riding groups already - just looking for guidance and structure mostly rather than motivation and feedback etc. I have subscriptions to Sufferfest and Trainer Road - not sure if their programs are good for Triathlon though

TrainingPeaks is probably the best collection of online coaches. You can pay as much as you want, and use whomever you want. (It may even be very similar to Trainer road)

I've never used it, but have heard really good feedback.

You want to just finish or win ?

swim a lil bit

cycle a lot

run a bit less 

Swim is the shortest leg so spend the least amount of time on this, as long as you can swim 1600 m non stop you'll be fine.

Bike leg is longest, spend lots of time on the bike, the easier your bike leg the easier the run will be.

Running is just fast walking

If that doesn't work out for you stop swimming and running altogether and just cycle, its the best in any case

• 2 weeks later...