Possible stolen ebike?

alexwc46

how do you know he was driving? 

For info, The law states you can't use your mobile while the car engine is running. So even if you sitting at a red robot/traffic jam, it is illegal to use(for a call or message) your phone. I am not sure of the exact wording but you actually not even allowed to have a phone on the seat between your legs. Something about the phone being on your person.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying the bike isnt stolen but do you guys really think a thief/skelem in a hi-viz overall would ride a stolen bike around so casually?

And if it was indeed stolen at the time the picture was taken then surely the guy would have been in a rush to get away.

A few months ago there was a thread where a guy was caught riding a 'stolen' bike in overalls. Turned out to be a mechanic working from home that was test riding a clients bike with permission from the client himself.

I think the general feeling here is that the guy is not busy fleeing the scene of the crime and making his getaway all so casually.

If I really had to wager a guess, I'd say this bike was most likely sold to this gentleman and he might knowingly or unknowingly be riding around on stolen property.

As a matter of interest, the guy who murdered and stole the old man's bike in Fishhoek was caught riding "casually" somewhere near Ou Kaapse Weg, if memory serves...

I think the general feeling here is that the guy is not busy fleeing the scene of the crime and making his getaway all so casually.

If I really had to wager a guess, I'd say this bike was most likely sold to this gentleman and he might knowingly or unknowingly be riding around on stolen property.

As a matter of interest, the guy who murdered and stole the old man's bike in Fishhoek was caught riding "casually" somewhere near Ou Kaapse Weg, if memory serves...

Perhaps the criminals ride around casually and carefree because they know its too taboo to be accused of a crime.

Not saying the bike isnt stolen but do you guys really think a thief/skelem in a hi-viz overall would ride a stolen bike around so casually?

And if it was indeed stolen at the time the picture was taken then surely the guy would have been in a rush to get away.

A few months ago there was a thread where a guy was caught riding a 'stolen' bike in overalls. Turned out to be a mechanic working from home that was test riding a clients bike with permission from the client himself.

there are always exceptions, hence the word "possible" in the title.

For info, The law states you can't use your mobile while the car engine is running. So even if you sitting at a red robot/traffic jam, it is illegal to use(for a call or message) your phone. I am not sure of the exact wording but you actually not even allowed to have a phone on the seat between your legs. Something about the phone being on your person.

the reason i asked the question...normally if a pic is taken from a vehicle...you can see by the dash...marking on the windscreen...bonnet etc etc etc...(i would bet my old punctured tubes that it is taken from a vehicle) it would be hard to prove...like  the bicycle...it is hard to prove it is stolen if one hasnt been reported stolen...lets wait and see.

I saw a whole bunch of people riding potentially stolen bikes, in cape town last year.

I managed to snap a picture, before they got away.

I wasn't even driving.

these people were dirt poor, most of them couldn't even afford clothes so the bikes they were on must be stolen.

They were casual, just riding along without a care in the world.

We must stop this.

Where are the cops?

Naked-Bike-Ride.jpg?ssl=1

Maybe the pic was taken with this ...

http://old-digitalcameras.com/Images/Kodak/DC3400_1.jpg

Maybe the pic was taken with this ...

http://old-digitalcameras.com/Images/Kodak/DC3400_1.jpg

LOL ja maybe. Look I am not phased what law the OP did or didn't break. I am one of the guys saying it is a stolen bike so I am glad the OP did what he did. I am not saying two wrongs make a right but maybe in this case the one broken law we should turn a blind eye to?

Perhaps the criminals ride around casually and carefree because they know its too taboo to be accused of a crime.

Indeed.

It also has to do with blending in  :ph34r:  thus making it harder to accuse of something.

I saw a whole bunch of people riding potentially stolen bikes, in cape town last year.

We must stop this.

Where are the cops?

Naked-Bike-Ride.jpg?ssl=1

Now if she was riding a Spaz I would definitely stop and question her - for sure.

How do you prove a bike is yours if you get pulled over?

Ive got pics on my phone with my bikes in the build or assembly process which I took... easy enough for me.

How do you prove a bike is yours if you get pulled over?

The old system of bicycle licencing would solve that problem, probably also help with theft control............

The old system of bicycle licencing would solve that problem, probably also help with theft control............

As long as it isn't government controlled  :wacko: