mecheng89

Hi all,

For the last couple of months I've been having trouble with the LiveTrack function on my devices (520 and 935). The LiveTrack session "starts", but sometimes stops unexpectedly with resuming or ending the session without the activity being ended.

Who else has had something similar happen to them? Using a Samsung S9 on MTN, latest software on all hardware. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whatsapp live location. I gave up on livetrack

Nice! Never knew you could do it on WhatsApp. Very powerfull for our Family Chat group to make sure where people are when you need them.

Doesn't the live tracking feature of WhatsApp kill your battery life? 

Think it would be the same with any tracking app, it needs to send location data at regular intervals. I like the concept of having an expiry timer on the location share, unlike some of the other apps including Life360 which tries to be on 24/7

I don't use Livetrack all the time, but the times I have my wife only mentioned once that it didn't come through on email. All the other times were fine apparently.

Out of 10 times it works 8 times  - what i do now now is i start the session and before i leave i wait for the wife to get the notification.

I've only had a few times where it didn't work and I use it everytime, I make sure that I hear the notification on my phone and see the 'Livetrack Started' message on my 820 once I've pressed start and only then do I ride off.

The few times it didn't I go into GC on the phone switch auto start off and start it manually.

My wife would phone me if she knew I was out and had not received an e-mail with the tracking link ....

Use Strava tracking initiated through my Garmin device. Get a 60% success rate in general of the tracking working. Better than the Garmin one which is less than 20% success in my opinion.

Often my livetrack just stops tracking mid ride.

i got a panicked phone call from my wife when i'd been on Krugersdorp hill for 2 hours

Often my livetrack just stops tracking mid ride.

i got a panicked phone call from my wife when i'd been on Krugersdorp hill for 2 hours

Exactly - the livetracking stopping mid ride or jumping around randomly causes far more panic than its worth - the assumption from the other half is always that I'm stranded somewhere, lying dead in a ditch or that I've been hijacked and being driven around in a boot of a car.