[Event] Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Events Bot

Event Name: Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour
When: 20 January 2019
Where: Val de Vie Estate, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour will take place on Sunday, 20 January 2019 and, while the start (and finish) venue has changed to Val de Vie Estate, the 102-kilometre route remains largely unchanged. It will still feature some 1285-metres of total ascent, but the major climb of the New Helshoogte Pass, which used to come shortly after the start, will now challenge riders near the end.

The rest of the route takes in the finest winelands and mountain scenery of the Boland – and offers every opportunity for a fast time and the opportunity to improve your seeding for the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

To enter, visit www.stellenboschcycletour.co.za. Entries cost R330 for PPA members and R350 for non-PPA members.

To stay informed of developments of the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour, join their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/stellenboschcycletour or follow them on Instagram at @medihelpstellenboschcycletour or Twitter at @StellenboschCT.

For more information on Medihelp, visit www.medihelp.co.za. For more information on Val de Vie, visit http://valdevie.co.za/.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a bit worried about the traffic at Val de Vie but with Helshoogte near the end its going to be a very different kind of challenge. Looking forward to it  :thumbup:

I'm in - looking forward to the first 'race' of the season :). Hoping for good weather, I'll take some gentle rain over wind!

I'm in - looking forward to the first 'race' of the season :). Hoping for good weather, I'll take some gentle rain over wind!

Was it SCT 17 that was a waterpolo affair

The race stories were fantastic

Be safe out there ????

Be safe out there

it was, but in a drought year no one complains about december rain!

Be safe out there

Yup, always risky in the groups with rain and corners - I was happy to slow down a bit at the end. The last corner on the downhill going back to the start of Helshoogte saw quite a few people slide out.

slid out in 2017, trying to avoid another cyclist that slid out.  gear levers took a bit of beating, but bike was okay to make it to the end.  that said, i "prefer" the wind, sorta.

the long term weather still looks good for sunday, but it can change quickly.

Doing with my father-who turns 71 this year (beast). Am not able to make it through to Rondebosch or Chris Willemse Cycles though. Anyone going who is willing to collect race numbers for my dad and I?

Edited by S-Bike

Nope - seeding is still to be released.

Normally reflects on racetec website before email/sms is sent.

Nope - seeding is still to be released.

Normally reflects on racetec website before email/sms is sent.