Zero readings on Tacx Vortex Smart

m-squared

Hi hubbers

I have a Tacx Vortex Smart that I haven't used in quite a while.  I've decided to start doing more indoor training as I won't be able to get out to ride that often going forward due to (positive) changes in my life.

Anyway, I hooked it up, hopped on to try Rouvy and no readings are being received.  Odd, I thought it was the Bluetooth protocol so switched across to Ant+.  Still zero readings.  I can see the Vortex is connected so it's not a pairing issue.  Also tried Grant Road Tours.  Nada.  

I then tried the Tacx Utility app.  It connects and again zero readings. 

Anybody know if there's a quick fix for this?  I'm hoping it's not a fried pcb or that I have to send it in.  

Interested to see if you get feedback .. Is there a local dealer / Repair guru around to fix it if its out of warranty ? 

I have a genius with the fuse blowing sickness  :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to resolve the issue on my Vortex smart!  So happy!

I'm posting the link here as it took me a very long time to find the correct solution and I'm hoping it will help someone who is experiencing similar issues.

Bottom line, you need to update the firmware of the brake software and this can only be done using the Tacx Updater in the TTS4 software.  You cannot use the Android or iOS apps.  

As far as I can tell, this should work for other models experiencing similar issues.

https://zwiftinsider.com/updating-your-tacx-smart-brake-firmware/