[Event] 2019 PPA Sportive # 2 - Windmeul

Pedal Power Association

Event Name: 2019 PPA Sportive # 2 - Windmeul
When: 17 February 2019
Where: Windmeul Winery, Western Cape
Category: Road

The perfect way to kick start your 2019 cycling season, challenge your seeding for the Cape Town Cycle Tour and get your New Year's resolution wheel turning.

Registration will take place on Sunday, 17 February 2019 from 05h00 at Windmeul Winery.

91 km start at 06h30

38 km start at 07h00

The PPA Sportive series for 2019 consist of 8 events that will start at three different venues - Simonsvlei, Windmeul and Paardeberg. While the events form a series, they are all stand-alone road fun rides aimed at everyone, from beginners to experienced riders who want to keep doing road events throughout the year. These events offer the perfect platform for improving your time and setting a new personal best.

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

The lovely venue for the first event is the Windmeul Wine Cellar. The 91 km route will take you through Wellington out towards Hermon, with only one big climb as you pass Riebeeck Kasteel, returning to the venue via the R45. There will be 3 waterpoints along the route.

DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE

Follow N1 to R44. Take exit 47 from N1. Turn left onto R44. Destination will be on the left. Windmeul Kelder

GPS Co-ordinates: S 33°40’18.1” E018°54’30.6

NOTES

Remember to wear your PPA road funride number and bring your Racetec transponder. No children u/16 on the 91 km route. Kids between 8 and 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times on the 38 km route.

Registration will take place on the morning of the event at Windmeul Winery from 05h00.

ONLINE ENTRIES

Distance - 91km

Entry fee - R375

PPA members’ discounted entry fee - R275

Distance - 38km

Entry fee - R175

PPA members’ discounted entry fee - R125

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Clashing with Sanlam cape mile...  ;-(

And Stanford MTB Classic. So my little bicycle trophy thingy will be missing piece #2. I'm not keen on buying and having the piece if I didn't even ride the event. Feels a bit like e-biking.

so who riding sunday?

Me, but I'll be sitting with my fat ass among the backmarkers with my very noisy knobblies.

It's going to be warm

post-50868-0-84115600-1550224320_thumb.jpg

I still look at the hole in the middle of last year's one ... irks my sense of completeness

Spent today cooling my heels watching youtube vids of crit tactics and running to the loo with a gastro bug that everyone says is 48 hours .... don't sit in my draft on Sunday, you have been warned.

And Stanford MTB Classic. So my little bicycle trophy thingy will be missing piece #2. I'm not keen on buying and having the piece if I didn't even ride the event. Feels a bit like e-biking.

Me, but I'll be sitting with my fat ass among the backmarkers with my very noisy knobblies.

It's going to be warm

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

entered for my first ever road race... so i'll be at the back as well with my trail bike... I'll probably put slicks on

Video of the race 

Thanks for sharing. Awesome weather, really enjoyed the ride overall. I nearly came unstuck at the start on the R44/R45 4-way stop. I was in C-E group and we were quite bunched up at that point - as luck would have it my line was directly over the heavily rubbled tar section.

We were lucky with the roadworks after the Bothmeskloofpas climb, not sure if they actually stopped any cyclists at the stop n go?

post-113886-0-78436300-1550430908_thumb.jpg