Hack / Bodge thread

The Ouzo

On 1/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, ouzo said:

I’ll start.

Whilst not strictly cycling, but cycling related.

Had a spare bottle cage sitting around, got lazy to walk to the back yard all the time to get hydration, so did this.

d983742bce56dce576ee951739547f46.jpg

HOW BIG IS YOUR GARDEN

11 minutes ago, ouzo said:

takes 2 hours to cut. That edges and lawn.

Can I assume you take pleasure in doing the work ............ if not, my condolences 

Just now, Hairy said:

Can I assume you take pleasure in doing the work ............ if not, my condolences 

I used to when i had a full weekend to myself and had money to spend to keep the lawn looking good. Had the best lawn in the 'hood.

The cylinder mower though does make it that much more bearable. 

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

I used to when i had a full weekend to myself and had money to spend to keep the lawn looking good. Had the best lawn in the 'hood.

The cylinder mower though does make it that much more bearable. 

next upgrade?

Traditional mowers to give your lawn perfect summer stripes | Mowdirect Blog

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

next upgrade?

Traditional mowers to give your lawn perfect summer stripes | Mowdirect Blog

nah, my 22inch wide mower is on the big side for my lawn already. Plus, next to cycling its the only exercise I get.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Fleming said:

I have a Trek with their stupid knock block headset. If you don't know what this is, your headset only has limited rotation to prevent the fork hitting the frame. Your headset is keyed to your stem via special spacers that lock the top race of the headset to the fork. If you want to run a non knock block compatible stem you need a special adapter which is essentially a collar that replaces one of your spacers and has the correct slots to key into the headset.

When I enquired about the price of this adapter I was told, with a straight face, its R750 sir. There is no way Im paying that.

I found an old BBB seat collar with a internal diameter of 28.6mm, the same as a steerer tube and spent 45 minutes with a file. Voila, DIY Knock block adapter.

Just saw this on GMBN. Gratz!

https://youtu.be/lqhNGCDbIys?t=1273

Edit: Link

Edited by SundayCycler