Riders attacked and assaulted on Jonkershoek road (13/01/2019)

JohanC

Hey guys. I was involved in the incident and after the driver hooted at us I moved into single file. The only reason I came alongside Juandre is because his roadbike caught the pothole close to the fire station and I then checked out his wheel balance etc all round. Nevertheless there is no reason for him to want to make 2 u turns and run us down and then stop and beat us up. I will post the video of the Second uturn in a moment... The authorities are committed to solve this and get this to court asap. I will follow this through to the end

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck? I could be far wrong in my assumption, but the sticks and stones were the least of the offences committed - trying to run you over with a car must be something like attempted murder??

Why do you have the courtesy to edit out his registration number?

Maybe to do with the integrity of the police case?

What the heck? I could be far wrong in my assumption, but the sticks and stones were the least of the offences committed - trying to run you over with a car must be something like attempted murder??

Maybe to do with the integrity of the police case?

Correct. We can't go above the line with plates and faces of suspects until case finalised...

What he did in that video is clearly attempted murder and should be dealt with as such...

But... what happened between that recording and the "fight" as your friend appears to start heading towards the vehicle just before the recording stops? Did you guys go over and start a "debate" about it (I would have so really just asking out of interest)?

Gone off to chat to the witness in the white car when we realized the blue car actually stopped and pulled a stick type object and made his way to us. That's when it escalated and all injuries occurred.

yup, doesn't matter if you're right when you're dead

my cycling motto has always been that i would rather be a dog that is alive than a lion that is dead.

Hey guys. I was involved in the incident and after the driver hooted at us I moved into single file. The only reason I came alongside Juandre is because his roadbike caught the pothole close to the fire station and I then checked out his wheel balance etc all round. Nevertheless there is no reason for him to want to make 2 u turns and run us down and then stop and beat us up. I will post the video of the Second uturn in a moment... The authorities are committed to solve this and get this to court asap. I will follow this through to the end

Sorry to hear this and glad you both ok.You need to check every 4 weeks with the investigator to see what's happening.