Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

Never have I played a PRS, being left handed I don't think I have even seen a lefty PRS when trawling the shops. Beuatiful guitars for sure. 

Had a number of strats over the years and may get a mex white with maple one day. just to toodle on.

not played much over the last couple of years, what with work and triathlon and moving etc. 

Gibson and Fender are such iconic brands, and that famous history will forever drive their sales. But brands like PRS/Ibanez are arguably making better guitars these days and people are starting to take notice. But you know, you gotto have a LP and a strat. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, you ous making me lus to go play my LP. Custom Snow white thing of beauty. Hpook it up to my lil Blackstar tube amp with 30th anniversary TS and jam instead of work

Banna, check out the Tokai range of LP's. Excellent quality, PAF pups and reasonable pricing. I can put you in touch with the ZA distrubutor if ever keen.

Excuse the BW pic. I never owned a TS pedal, but got this Ibanez amp with built in TS. Such a beautiful tone plugged straight in.

post-734-0-08442500-1583319852_thumb.jpeg

Excuse the BW pic. I never owned a TS pedal, but got this Ibanez amp with built in TS. Such a beautiful tone plugged straight in.

I had a TS 15 at one stage, great value and superb range of tones with it. Sold it to buy an Orange terror 15 that was over the top brutal but part of the journey I guess. Sold that and bought a 35 watt Albion which was overkill, Bandmates would cry at anything over 3. Now on a small Blackwater HT tube amp which is superb 

Jeesh, Tube Screamers are just green boxes of joy. I have the TS9 and TS808. The TS9 is slightly more edgy, with a more "modern" sound.

Damn, just had a 20 minute jam session.... amazing how the muscle memory works...very rusty but kind of ok. Just realised I threw away the ZA to UK converter plug thinking I no longer needed it but now just realised my pedal board power is still on the ZA plug, will put on a UK plug later. 

Think i will pop down to Andertons later and just soak up a bit of atmosphere.

Speaking of Tube screamers I bought a 30th anniversary limited edition. I think only 3 or 4 thousand were made and they had used NOS chips as I understand it. Anyway iirc I paid around 1500 zar for it. I see some places now sell em for over 300 pounds second hand. Whether they get that sort of money or not I don't know. 

The TS15 amp has a TS9 built into it, that was the beauty of the amp and what attracted me to it in the first place. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Damn, just had a 20 minute jam session.... amazing how the muscle memory works...very rusty but kind of ok. Just realised I threw away the ZA to UK converter plug thinking I no longer needed it but now just realised my pedal board power is still on the ZA plug, will put on a UK plug later. 

Think i will pop down to Andertons later and just soak up a bit of atmosphere.

Speaking of Tube screamers I bought a 30th anniversary limited edition. I think only 3 or 4 thousand were made and they had used NOS chips as I understand it. Anyway iirc I paid around 1500 zar for it. I see some places now sell em for over 300 pounds second hand. Whether they get that sort of money or not I don't know. 

The TS15 amp has a TS9 built into it, that was the beauty of the amp and what attracted me to it in the first place. 

I watch so many of the Andertons Youtube clips. Flip, you're lucky to have them so close!

I watch so many of the Andertons Youtube clips. Flip, you're lucky to have them so close!

Great bunch of guys and have loads of kit in what is a smallish store. Lots of little sound booths to go muck about it. 

Good pricing too esp when buying on special. 

Great bunch of guys and have loads of kit in what is a smallish store. Lots of little sound booths to go muck about it. 

Good pricing too esp when buying on special. 

Please go test a 59 re issue Les Paul for me. :D  

Please go test a 59 re issue Les Paul for me. :D  

Sadly they all right handed and they start at over 5 grand here. 

I am too scared to even take those off the hanger in case i drop it.

Sadly they all right handed and they start at over 5 grand here. 

I am too scared to even take those off the hanger in case i drop it.

Eish. For that amount of money they should be issued with your own Jimmy Page to play it for you.

Eish. For that amount of money they should be issued with your own Jimmy Page to play it for you.

There was a Bernie MArsden beast replica there a couple of years ago, second hand was over 8k. madness. 

There was a Bernie MArsden beast replica there a couple of years ago, second hand was over 8k. madness. 

The custom shop stuff just goes for stupid money. And quite honestly, most of the price diff sits in cosmetics. Paying double, definitely doesn't mean the guitar sounds or plays twice as good.

Don't think I'll ever spend that much on one guitar (even if I was able to). It obviously opens up the whole debate of collectors vs players.  

The custom shop stuff just goes for stupid money. And quite honestly, most of the price diff sits in cosmetics. Paying double, definitely doesn't mean the guitar sounds or plays twice as good.

Don't think I'll ever spend that much on one guitar (even if I was able to). It obviously opens up the whole debate of collectors vs players.  

I go down to Denmark street every now and again, just to browse, I just enjoy being around instruments and players and just chill In the shops. the high end stuff does not even get to the showroom. These shops all have a list of clientele they offer the high end stuff to when they get their paws on something. I guess some of their clientele may be players I don't know but for the most part its professionals who don't play I would think. 

I go down to Denmark street every now and again, just to browse, I just enjoy being around instruments and players and just chill In the shops. the high end stuff does not even get to the showroom. These shops all have a list of clientele they offer the high end stuff to when they get their paws on something. I guess some of their clientele may be players I don't know but for the most part its professionals who don't play I would think. 

Ja I think you're right. Those high end collectables very rarely see fingers on strings. Kinda sad.