Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

Picked up this beauty yesterday afternoon.76 Ibanez Concord 12 String.

Thats nice. I have  an early 70's 6 string Concord. According to the serial might even be a 69. I'll dig it out take some pics. My dad had it from new and passed it on to me when I started doing lessons back in the day.

I play drums but can strum a few tunes on the guitar.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats nice. I have  an early 70's 6 string Concord. According to the serial might even be a 69. I'll dig it out take some pics. My dad had it from new and passed it on to me when I started doing lessons back in the day.

I play drums but can strum a few tunes on the guitar.

The serial number is basically the date.Look inside the body.

There is a guy selling a 70s 6 string Concord for 8K now on SAMIS

Have to concur, Grant is the man... all my guitars while in ZA were only worked on by him.... My les paul to this day stays well in tune even after months.

His brother played a mean guitar too back in the day, played in a famous band whose name has compeltely eclipsed me now...a lefty 

I take my guitars to JD at Marshall who is also very good

The serial number is basically the date.Look inside the body.

There is a guy selling a 70s 6 string Concord for 8K now on SAMIS

My dad passed away in 2005 so I will never sell it but it’s nice to know it has some value.

My dad passed away in 2005 so I will never sell it but it’s nice to know it has some value.

Absolutely.I would not sell.I just thought it would be of interest.

I hang on to everything of my mom or dad's.

I have actually specified my guitars go to my son in my will  :thumbup:

I take my guitars to JD at Marshall who is also very good

Also only heard good things bout JD. My guitar teacher used to take all her instruments there when needed and always raved. 

• 3 weeks later...

Walked into a pawnshop on Friday and found this Ibanez sz320ex for lunch money. A quick polish and it looks brand new. Neck through, Duncan pickups, it's a beast of a guitar.

post-734-0-88439600-1597120966_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-30532300-1597120978_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

So, with much sadness I realised my rock star days are over an arena playing days are not in my future. Sold my pedals etc an custom Les Paul and only have a tele and small black star tube amp. Decided to buy a small Boss multi effects an bought the GT1 model.

Admittedly my ears are shot but cheap multi effect pedals have come an awful long way since I had a digitech rp 50 20 or so years ago. Great kit an for noodling an recording it’s ace. Small size, plenty of options. Very sweet.

• 1 month later...

A snip at the price

I agree. Considering Dylan’s went for over a million dollars this is a cheapie.

Now just to win the lotto. Although being a lefty I could not play it anyway...I will Hendrix it ...imagine that with Daves guitar.

Got myself one of these 2nd-hand a while ago, a "Traveler" guitar... together with my Vox amPlug AC30 and cellphone earphones it's the perfect compact guitar for car/camping/holiday trips. Love it.

If need be you can even plug it into car's audio aux plug to entertain (or disturb/annoy) everyone....  :ph34r:  :devil:  ;)

post-20017-0-07894200-1618567603_thumb.png

Edited by EddieV