Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

Got myself one of these 2nd-hand a while ago, a "Traveler" guitar... together with my Vox amPlug AC30 and cellphone earphones it's the perfect compact guitar for car/camping/holiday trips. Love it.

If need be you can even plug it into car's audio aux plug to entertain (or disturb/annoy) everyone....  :ph34r:  :devil:  ;)

Very nice.

I went out and bought a Taylor Big Baby second hand for my travelling especially in a plane.Perfect.

Solid top.Fully acoustic and with new Elixir Custom Lights it plays like a dream.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got me some tix to see the darkness ( not a fan) with support act being British Lion. Am a fan really just want to see British lion and will be up close an personal with Steve mother &£@)( Harris.

edit. Just got tix to Bloodstock too. Priest an Saxon on the bill 

Edited by IceCreamMan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I have been lazy with the guitar lately. And just not been playing. last week Thursday I went out with some ex colleagues from ZA that live here now. We got a lil oiled as one does. But I digress. 

one of the guys years ago attended the Murray Kuhn build your own guitar course and he has this acoustic which he strums now and again. So he suggested we work on 2 or 3 songs and bugger around. I said cool. Picked up my tele and just enjoyed playing again. Not played in many many moons and last gigged about 12 years ago. But it’s amazing how the brain works hey. 

anyway, needed some consumables so went onto the Anderton’s site and well, fell in love with a Gibson studio. I pick it up later. Just could not resist 

IMG_8708.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

4 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Well, I have been lazy with the guitar lately. And just not been playing. last week Thursday I went out with some ex colleagues from ZA that live here now. We got a lil oiled as one does. But I digress. 

one of the guys years ago attended the Murray Kuhn build your own guitar course and he has this acoustic which he strums now and again. So he suggested we work on 2 or 3 songs and bugger around. I said cool. Picked up my tele and just enjoyed playing again. Not played in many many moons and last gigged about 12 years ago. But it’s amazing how the brain works hey. 

anyway, needed some consumables so went onto the Anderton’s site and well, fell in love with a Gibson studio. I pick it up later. Just could not resist 

IMG_8708.jpeg

And here's me being the most famous for electric guitar in High School days, and then I had a Blackburn - if memory serves me correct.

Nice Gibson by the way

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

On 10/19/2023 at 5:08 PM, WeekendWarrior80 said:

And here's me being the most famous for electric guitar in High School days, and then I had a Blackburn - if memory serves me correct.

Nice Gibson by the way

One of my life’s biggest regrets is not carrying on with guitar as a youngster. I was neither very good or talented as a guitarist or musician but I am fascinated by musos that create where there was nothing. From conception to realisation the creative process fascinates me. 

and then I stopped around 2012 or so for a second time. 

however never too late, I love the tone and playability of this studio and it’s light. Enjoying the guitar again and motivated to start again. I like nothing more than rocking out to myself playing. Maslow calls it self actualising  

so ,go play and enjoy it. 

On 10/19/2023 at 1:19 PM, IceCreamMan said:

IMG_8708.jpeg

That's beautiful. I'm a lefty too. Damned hard finding decent guitars for wrong handers. I got rid of all my stuff a while ago. All I have left is my Washburn D10 SCE. I'll never sell that. My wife recently picked up a little Takamine G series from a mate who flips guitars and we did a few lessons together which was fun.

For any newbies looking to just strum along to some tunes there's a brilliant app called chordify that we use when we're in the mood. The pro version is like R250 a year.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

54 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

That's beautiful. I'm a lefty too. Damned hard finding decent guitars for wrong handers. I got rid of all my stuff a while ago. All I have left is my Washburn D10 SCE. I'll never sell that. My wife recently picked up a little Takamine G series from a mate who flips guitars and we did a few lessons together which was fun.

For any newbies looking to just strum along to some tunes there's a brilliant app called chordify that we use when we're in the mood. The pro version is like R250 a year.

Nice. Making beautiful music together. 😂

my wife has done vocals for a few bands in the past. I tried to get her into an instrument (no sniggering about organs now) and bought her a set of drums at one point and a Lekker Yamaha bass at another point. She kind of got into it but never took to it. So sold all the stuff. 

would be cool to jam though. My lighty was doing drum lessons and he has a natural time clock in his body. Got him a sweet Roland electronic drum set which is the dogs bollocks. We have jammed once or twice and he is losing motivation for the drums. Maybe one day. 

I thought cycling was an expensive hobby, until my son decided to tap into the genes from my wife's family (my father in law plays an array of instruments, cannot read music and performed in the state theatre many moons ago).

Matt is now playing drums (was awarded a few golds and a diploma in the last Eisteddfod), he's learning guitar and last week told me he wants to learn Piano.  The music shops love me, last month it was a new set of cymbals (his old ones were pretty much entry level pot lids), Saturday I spent a pile of cash on cables, headphone mixer, etc. as he like playing with in ear monitors but the sound equipment at school (he plays in the band) was lacking.   Double bass pedal is on his wish list and a digital guitar amp.

He prefers the heavier stuff (e.g. System of a Down), and plays really hard, luckily our neighbors don't mind, but ja, soundproofing may be next up on the DIY list.

35 minutes ago, Stretched@Birth said:

I thought cycling was an expensive hobby, until my son decided to tap into the genes from my wife's family (my father in law plays an array of instruments, cannot read music and performed in the state theatre many moons ago).

Matt is now playing drums (was awarded a few golds and a diploma in the last Eisteddfod), he's learning guitar and last week told me he wants to learn Piano.  The music shops love me, last month it was a new set of cymbals (his old ones were pretty much entry level pot lids), Saturday I spent a pile of cash on cables, headphone mixer, etc. as he like playing with in ear monitors but the sound equipment at school (he plays in the band) was lacking.   Double bass pedal is on his wish list and a digital guitar amp.

He prefers the heavier stuff (e.g. System of a Down), and plays really hard, luckily our neighbors don't mind, but ja, soundproofing may be next up on the DIY list.

Yip…it’s a very very expensive hobby/interest and one is always looking at new kit and new technologies that come through. Much like cycling too. 😂

luckily, I am more or less at the stage where I realise spending ain’t making me better as I have some great amps, some cool software and a Boss GT1 pedal board thingy. Did fall in love with the Gibson though. But that’s it….. yeah right. 

sounds like ur lad is multi talented. Once you understand music ( no need to learn music or anything) the different instruments just need mechanical learning. This understanding music is the rare gift which I do not have. And I admire it in people as I can recognise it. 

• 3 months later...

Series on Discovery called on the Roam. 

episode 5 deals with Gibson guitars. Sweet episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got tix to see Dan Patlansky in London in April. The best blues guitarist on the planet I reckon. 

also see big blues gig in jozi this weekend. Hope those into the blues are going.