Day after race

VO2max

Can some-one explain whats happening with me.

I found that the day after a very hard race, I actually produce some really awesome power outputs according to my own standards.

My legs are even sore the next day after a hard race.  The day after race I normally do a recovery ride. After riding 10-15 minutes I found that the soreness in the legs gave way and then it feels like I can ride all day long...

Now what is happening here?. I only ride with 2 water bottles and a packet of jelly babies during a race, so I cannot get this figured out why I feel so much stronger the day after a race.

Can anybody give me some sort of explanation?

You're not racing hard enough!! Nope, even if you feel like you can ride all day long, the max recovery ride should be 40 minutes. If longer it becomes a work out and you might just not perform the day after that

Cervelo

True. I also have found that 2 days after the race then I am a bit buggered. yesterday I did "recovery" ride but it actually just became another training ride becuase I really pushed it for an hour because of I just felt really strong.

No way I'm not riding hard enough in the race.. It feels like I'm killing myself on race day's. I am not riding in top groups where I can sit and get help from others. I am only an "N" group rider and here you dont find people riding together and sharing the workload. Hopefully after this new seeding in November I will be able to get up to J or K at least.  Until I can ride in proper bunch it is just one big slog for me..

email: johan@ayos.co.za( BMAX)

He will explain why you should change your....."feeding skills".....what about your next race.

Good luck.....ek praat van my eie ondervinding...hulle kan jou met enige probleem inligting gee wat werk.

Bmax Investments (Pty) Ltd<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

P. O. Box 985

Honeydew 2040

South Africa

Customer Support:

(T) 011 794 8756

(F) 011 794 3437

e-mail: info@bmax.co.za

web: www.bmax.co.za

web: www.h2use.com