What Cycling Computer to get

ChristiaanSt

Guys please assist.

I am in the market for a new cycling computer. There are a couple of factors to take in to consideration and I would like to have some options. They are as follow:

Obviously GPS

Strava Live segments

Integrate with Discovery Vitality without having to rewrite a website every time I want to upload

Connect with my current Ant+ HR straps (Unless you get one that comes with one)

These are all fine and easy to pick. The problem is however that I only have a budget of R2500 :)

I am even willing to buy second hand if its in working condition. I just want to know what brand/models should I look at or even ignore in your opinion.

didnt know about the 20/25, looks like a nice option.

Before I saw your budget I was going to suggest an Edge 130.

Very much the same as the 25 but with a bigger screen and supposedly longer battery life.

^^^

What Dexter said !!  Is a better unit than the Edge 25

I agree with both of you guys but the budget might be a bit tight at R2500 to find one.

Maybe the OP can find just the head Unit for now? Easybike have the 130 at R2999

Edited by slickjay007

I agree with both of you guys but the budget might be a bit tight at R2500 to find one

The Edge 25 has been around for a few years and whilst a great unit misses some of the features of the more high end unit.

The Edge 130 had pretty much all the features and the OP only needs to save a little more and can pick one up for just under R3000 https://shop.navworld.co.za/garmin/sports-and-fitness/garmin-fitness-cycling/garmin-edge-130.html

To the OP, save a bit more as it is not much more!

Have a look at this video, think it's quite handy when comparing: 

- Also consider a Cash Crusaders in your area, I've seen a couple computers there go for a lot less than what they're worth. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I might save a bit more and get the 130 or look on the classifieds sections for a bargain to come through

I haven't advertised mine at all, but I am going to sell my Garmin Edge 520. Just the unit itself. Recently replaced under warranty, excellent condition. PM me if you're interested.

I'm selling coz I no longer want to ride with a unit attached to the bike, my Fenix watch does the trick for me.

Will tick all your boxes incl. strava live segments and budget....

Edit: Sold.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I might save a bit more and get the 130 or look on the classifieds sections for a bargain to come through

I had the 25 and sold it. Will be getting the 130 rather. Buy better, buy once.

I haven't advertised mine at all, but I am going to sell my Garmin Edge 520. Just the unit itself. Recently replaced under warranty, excellent condition. PM me if you're interested.

I'm selling coz I no longer want to ride with a unit attached to the bike, my Fenix watch does the trick for me.

Will tick all your boxes incl. strava live segments and budget....

I might be interested?  :whistling:

Sold already haha :)

Damn! That was fast!

Just for the OP, I believe that Evobikes sold the 520 for around R3k during the last black Friday sale.

Here have been couple of Lkker deals on hubb for good Garmin. Just ask the guys sure someone will sell you Lkker computer