indoor trainers and training apps

hagar

Good afternoon 

i would like some advice regarding Indoor trainers and the Various apps that are on the market .

i have a Tacx smart neo running the Rouvy app .

my wife and I both use the trainer but now i was wondering is there another way that i could purchase another trainer and we could then ride together using the same app ? Woul i be able to get a less expensive trainer and say ride on a mobile phone using the app and she would ride on the neo and we ride together ? 

what would be a decent trainer that wont cost too much that could do this ?

Thanks 

Rouvy supports a family account so yes, you can both use the same account and ride together.

As for an IDT, I assume you want a smart trainer so you will be looking at a Tacx Vortex or Bushido or if you want a direct drive system, Kickr just released their Core IDT.

HAGAR !

Wow great to see you post again! And great to see you still riding, although it is only indoors!

Rouvy supports a family account so yes, you can both use the same account and ride together.

As for an IDT, I assume you want a smart trainer so you will be looking at a Tacx Vortex or Bushido or if you want a direct drive system, Kickr just released their Core IDT.

He already has the top of the range NEO, how cool would another NEO be?  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Edited by mecheng89

He already has the top of the range NEO, how cool would another NEO be?  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

He mentioned a trainer that doesn't cost too much so left all the top of the crop off the list.

It would be awesome to have 2 NEOs.  I'll settle for one though!

HAGAR !

Wow great to see you post again! And great to see you still riding, although it is only indoors!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  no outdoors too when the wind is not blowing 200 kmph here on the westcoast it gets a tad windy  :eek:

He mentioned a trainer that doesn't cost too much so left all the top of the crop off the list.

It would be awesome to have 2 NEOs.  I'll settle for one though!

my wife would kill me if i bought another neo so its got to be one not too expensive but would love another neo  :ph34r:

When you say: Ride together, do you mean that something like Zwift you'll be able to ride in like a bunch together against other riders or are you just referring to being able to ride together in the same room  :D.

I currently use Sufferfest but I'm not aware about some or other "split screen" function whereby you'll be able to use one screen and see two results - something like a multiplayer mode on a game consoles (that would be flippen cool  :thumbup:).

But I digress, to answer your query: Yes, both Zwift and Sufferfest will be able to provide you with a solution which you're after. 

My suggestion: get a flow from Tacx and use the cash left over to get yourself either a tablet or additional laptop / PC. You will then have to pay a double subscription but I think it will be worth it. Both Zwift and Sufferfest offer a trial period. 

When you say: Ride together, do you mean that something like Zwift you'll be able to ride in like a bunch together against other riders or are you just referring to being able to ride together in the same room  :D.

I currently use Sufferfest but I'm not aware about some or other "split screen" function whereby you'll be able to use one screen and see two results - something like a multiplayer mode on a game consoles (that would be flippen cool  :thumbup:).

But I digress, to answer your query: Yes, both Zwift and Sufferfest will be able to provide you with a solution which you're after. 

My suggestion: get a flow from Tacx and use the cash left over to get yourself either a tablet or additional laptop / PC. You will then have to pay a double subscription but I think it will be worth it. Both Zwift and Sufferfest offer a trial period. 

No Neo owner could go back to the NOISE that comes with wheel-on.  I'm sure he wants to be able to chat with his wife

Edited by thisismyotherbike

Zwift would be your best option for being able to ride togeher on screen. If you want an honest opinion check out DC Rainmaker's reviews on web and Youtube. Sufferfest is purely for training. With Zwift you can control her trainer from a phone or tablet. If you ride the same course then you should in theory be able to see her avatar on your tv. screen next to you if you sync your start and pace. This should work in theory.

Wish my wife would use a trainer, I would get the NEO just to get her on her bike :D 

I got an Elite Direto, from all the reviews it was the best value for money for me and after 3 months of using it I'm really happy.

As for Aps, not sure how to split screen but with Zwift you can definately ride together on two screens.

Good luck, sounds like you going to have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i bought the bushido yesterday now i am going to try it out on rouvy and see if we can ride together must still see what the setting are i need to get a tablet so that i can use the app on that and she will use the app on the pc i think the android 8 oreo would run the rouvy app