What jeans do cyclists wear?

Eldron

+1 for Levis. W30L32 541 = perfect for me.

Another +1 for Levi's from me. Athletic

Even when I tore them on my thighs the Levi's replacement policy gave me a new one... on two separate occasions. The last two pairs have lasted much longer than any pair from any brand ever.

The have specials almost every month somewhere, don't pay retail, wait for a promo. Best ones are the buy 1 get 1 free

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the same problem. 32 Waist and 34 legs. Have found a pair of relaxed fit at Edgars. Used to byu ones from Woolworths.

Almost never wear jeans now.

Been using MR Price cargo pants. Last me about a year and a half and more comfortable for me than denim!

But to be frank, I mostly wear shorts!

Old Khaki from Cape union mart. Ladies Stretch bootleg. The bootleg fits me like a skinny jean.

Normally my calves dont make it past the knee section. (My calves arent even that big)

And then I size up one number onces my calves are in to make space for my quads.

I've got a pair of the Levi's cycling denims - I don't know the model number. but they have the waist a bit higher at the back, and reflective tape on the inside leg. And they've probably lasted around 7 or 8 years.

I've got a pair of the Levi's cycling denims - I don't know the model number. but they have the waist a bit higher at the back, and reflective tape on the inside leg. And they've probably lasted around 7 or 8 years.

They had a commuter specific model, can’t seem to find it anymore....

Levi 541 are those stupid stretch fabric.. Not real denim.... Am I reading that right?

More like slightly stretchy denim, not overly stretchy like leggings or something like that.

Go put on a pair, you'll like it ;)

Lycra, stretch denim.. whatever next ?

Just wear good ole 501s, like a cowboy.

Levi’s are eye wateringly expensive here btw. Luckily I stocked up on my last trip to za.

Most comfortable has been the Levi 541 for me. Second best is a jean I got from Woolworths (can't remember the brand).

Finding a jean that fits is always a struggle as it seems the shops think we are a very fit and healthy nation with all the skinny jeans available.

Used to be Urban always , till they closed down. Their bootleg design from a few years ago were the best jeans ever made since ever.

Now Trenery and Guess