What jeans do cyclists wear?

Eldron

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The jeans I wear for motorcycling seem to have a stretch in them which is why I buy them. I had not considered how they managed to get the stretch feature. A bit our lycra cycling shorts.

ME 2

Holy sheebles I'm struggling to find jeans.

I'm a 32 waist, 34 length dude.

Problem is that my thighs don't fit into ANY jeans.

Bootcut and Straight cut are the closest - forget Skinny/Slim/Regular...

What do you guys wear/buy?

So glad I am not the only one with a problem getting my calves into a pair of jeans. Tried on Woolies straight jeans about a year ago and had to get the bootleg, just to get them on.

Regarding Levi's. There is a Levi shop recently opened in PE that sells most styles for ridiculously low prices. Not sure of the exact numbers but its something like this:

1 pair R480

2 pairs R750

3 Pairs R999

I got 2 pairs the other day for less than 2 pairs of basic woolies jeans. Not sure if this is nationwide.

Where are they located? Were those only opening specials?

Gap Stores sell a cut of jean call Athletic - Best cut I have come across. Straight cut jeans for me often are skin tight  :mellow:

Where are they located? Were those only opening specials?

Moffat Retail Park, where the pick and pay hyper and Sportsmans warehouse is. 

As far as I know its the normal pricing.

Gap Stores sell a cut of jean call Athletic - Best cut I have come across. Straight cut jeans for me often are skin tight  :mellow:

Levis also make an "athletic" cut which will most likely suite most of the Hubbers on here.

Gap Stores sell a cut of jean call Athletic - Best cut I have come across. Straight cut jeans for me often are skin tight :mellow:

Where is Gap available locally since Stuttafords closed?

Bloody hell how big are y'all's legs [emoji54] ... Normal jeans seem to fit me ok so I guess I'm not at that level!

Skinny jeans ... Ja nee kyk that's not for me, knock knees look stupid enough without them.

My thighs are 70cm in circumference.

I have just discovered the little slice of heaven called the Levi's 541. Our local Levi store sells 3 for R999.

That is a very proper price.

Which store is that?

Contrary to most if not all posters here I wear skinny jeans, size 30 on waist because there's no 29 or even 28 sometimes for males. Yes I'm quite skinny as I weigh just under 54kg. But I suppose that could be attributed to the fact that I run more than I cycle(used to actually but not anymore)

That is a very proper price.

Which store is that?

Levi store in east London. I'm  sure you guys shoukd have one around there somewhere.

Levi stores have a weird policy over here...

They only stock the 541 at "outlet" store not the regular store. Closest outlet store is 150km away.

I tried the 501 and 521 and one or two others recommended by the coolest dude to ever work a Levi store - no dice. Gonna have to make a plan a day trip to the Outlet store.