[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1

Events Bot

Event Name: SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1
When: 1 February 2019 - 2 February 2019
Where: Bloemendal Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Hosted on the Home Grounds of Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club, first race of the The 2019 SRAM WC XCO Series, in association with Bike Hub, takes place at Bloemendal, Durbanville on the 2nd of February 2019.

The season opens with a double event, where points can be earned for both the National Series and the Western Cape Provincial Series.

The National Series offers all-important Category 1 UCI points and forms part of the UCI Junior World Series. Local and international competitors alike will be looking to garner points to boost their rankings early in the season.

Western Cape riders will enjoy a competitive start to the year with top racers, both local and international.

Sunday 3 February: A second day of racing has been lined up for Junior and Elite Riders. This day forms part of the SA Cup Series and is an opportunity for individual riders to up their UCI points.

But, we encourage all SA riders to race on Sunday as the points that they earn will contribute to raise the standing of TEAM SA. TEAM SA needs these points in order to qualify to send a team to take part in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Go to Event Page

CSA-MTB-Std-Program-SA-XCO-2019-1dd.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast does one have to be? I'd be keen to try one....but more of a marathon rider

As a Vet...that start time will be hectic if the sun is high and burning your kop red as a lobster  :w00t:  :eek:

How fast does one have to be? I'd be keen to try one....but more of a marathon rider

As a Vet...that start time will be hectic if the sun is high and burning your kop red as a lobster  :w00t:  :eek:

fortunately there is a south easter to cool things down a bit....just a bit

Scott team in Cape Town hopefully they'll make it super worth while spectating

Is Scott here? Thought it was just the Spaz team at the moment...

Hey mrcg, i have entered and i am by no means one of the racing snakes.

Think i fall into the subvet category. Doing my first one. Both excited and terrified at the same time. :) 

Come race, its loads of fun and at worst a good training ride.