To the humourless road cyclist on Spaanschemat river road this morning

BJH

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't share my dislike with using foul language, so can't judge this oke. Some people are at the breaking point of stress, the tiniest thing might trigger them.

Personally, my go-to response to someone sitting on my ass uninvited, either while driving or out riding is to slow down gradually to about half the speed I was doing. If they are still there, I floor it and drop them. Foul language only escalates the situation, no use to me.

About 1 minute.

Just instinctively latched onto him to get a faster ride to The Nest coffee shop. In hindsight I approached it the wrong way (didn't greet) and the aggro wasn't worth it

Some valuable insight from the other responses so far...

So you caught him then slowed down to sit behind him to get a faster ride? What?

Seriously though - like the others said - it's standard slipstream behaviour to say hello before you "use" someone's slipstream. A quick "mind if I rest behind you for a while/how far you going/wanna do some intervals? " is normal.

His reaction was an over reacrio to your non communication would be my guess. You "ruined" his solo stress breaking ride...

So you caught him then slowed down to sit behind him to get a faster ride? What?

Seriously though - like the others said - it's standard slipstream behaviour to say hello before you "use" someone's slipstream. A quick "mind if I rest behind you for a while/how far you going/wanna do some intervals? " is normal.

His reaction was an over reacrio to your non communication would be my guess. You "ruined" his solo stress breaking ride...

Ah - I think I omitted an important point of clarification.  He passed us without greeting (in his defence he did seemed focussed)

I felt it was only right that I try to keep up with him...

Next time I'll greet him (nicely) - promise

Ah - I think I omitted an important point of clarification. He passed us without greeting (in his defence he did seemed focussed)

Aahhhh the pap thickens ????

Ah - I think I omitted an important point of clarification.  He passed us without greeting (in his defence he did seemed focussed)

heres the crux ..

someone passed you ,so you felt the need to suddenly speed up and sit up his ass ...to prove what exactly ?..........you know what you did :ph34r:

hoisted on your own petard i think

Edited by bikebloke

heres the crux ..

someone passed you ,so you felt the need to suddenly speed up and sit up his ass ...to prove what exactly ?..........you know what you did :ph34r:

hoisted on your own petard i think

Comic sans not needed ????

That roadie bru must’ve just finished 10 reps of Ou Kaaps at threshold and then to get wheelsucked...

After 10 reps up Ou Kaapse the oke would have had to wheelsuck my Uber lift home...

cant blame him to be honest