Fabric Cageless water bottle

mozzy

Hi folks. I'm contemplating trying Fabric's Cageless water bottles on my MTB. Has anyone had any experience with these? Please let me know.

Thanx

Hi folks. I'm contemplating trying Fabric's Cageless water bottles on my MTB. Has anyone had any experience with these? Please let me know.

Thanx

Great for coffee cruises, not so great for racing.

Do they fall out easily or is that because they take longer to out back in place after use.

Also been curious on trying out, but seems like the SA agents don't bring them in anymore?

Do they fall out easily or is that because they take longer to out back in place after use.

Also been curious on trying out, but seems like the SA agents don't bring them in anymore?

Mostly that. But never tested how they would hold up on a MTB.

Why so Patchelicious? What was your experience? Do they fall out on rough stuff? I've seen video clips of guys doing back flips with these on their bikes. It seems that during landing, the bottle will be forced downwards even harder onto the mounting lugs

Omnico has a few left in limited colours but told me they probably not getting again

I've used these, unfortunately they are not that easy to clip on while riding and this was on a road bike which obviously has a smoother ride

Thanx mtbDobby. If I may ask though, did you give yourself time to get used to the different  concept of "remounting" the bottle?

Omnico has a few left in limited colours but told me they probably not getting again

Ah okay, same as when I asked a while back then. I wanted a black one....

Thanx mtbDobby. If I may ask though, did you give yourself time to get used to the different  concept of "remounting" the bottle?

Seems you are dead set on getting one mozzy,

How long do you think someone needs to know how hard or easy it is to remount the bottle?? If someone has said it's not that easy and especially if you now have to look down and take your eyes off the road/trail to remount it... personally if within a day or two it does not become second nature to do so, then will advise not that easy to do.

Have you considered that bottles get old, contaminated and are treated as disposable items to be replaced frequently.  If Ominco are not bringing any more in, firstly they not a big seller and secondly you are going to find it difficult to get replacement bottles...... something you might want to consider?

Why so Patchelicious? What was your experience? Do they fall out on rough stuff? I've seen video clips of guys doing back flips with these on their bikes. It seems that during landing, the bottle will be forced downwards even harder onto the mounting lugs

Not the easiest to get back in after taking a sip.

Seems you are dead set on getting one mozzy,

How long do you think someone needs to know how hard or easy it is to remount the bottle?? If someone has said it's not that easy and especially if you now have to look down and take your eyes off the road/trail to remount it... personally if within a day or two it does not become second nature to do so, then will advise not that easy to do.

Have you considered that bottles get old, contaminated and are treated as disposable items to be replaced frequently.  If Ominco are not bringing any more in, firstly they not a big seller and secondly you are going to find it difficult to get replacement bottles...... something you might want to consider?

Ha, perfect answer Shaper. I didn't consider the ageing aspect. That puts it into perspective. Thank you

Mate of mine tried a similar setup out. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't fabric. It used magnets. A "mounting lug" thing in each hole in the frame and then the 500ml bottle had 2 magnets on. It probably fell off 10 times during our ride. He also said it was not easy putting it back as it can only go at one exact angle. You miss one and its only holding on 1 point. Also you only get 1 bottle so you loose it and the system is worthless.

I had the Fabric cageless bottle on my hard tail. Worked great for about 2 months, you get used to clipping it in so that wasnt a real issue for me. What was the issue is when I was thirsty and reached down to find nothing there halfway through a lap at hoogekraal. Managed to backtrack and find the bottle but the second time it happened I wasnt so lucky, had to complete the ride with nothing. I definitely would not go that route again

Mate of mine tried a similar setup out. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't fabric. It used magnets. A "mounting lug" thing in each hole in the frame and then the 500ml bottle had 2 magnets on. It probably fell off 10 times during our ride. He also said it was not easy putting it back as it can only go at one exact angle. You miss one and its only holding on 1 point. Also you only get 1 bottle so you loose it and the system is worthless.

Thank you. I just liked the minimalist idea of no cage. In that case, I'll look at Laguna's carbon bottle cage. They're only 17grams. I don't consider myself a weight weanie, but I just like a cage that's as small, simple as possible. The Laguna's are very pricy though.

I had the Fabric cageless bottle on my hard tail. Worked great for about 2 months, you get used to clipping it in so that wasnt a real issue for me. What was the issue is when I was thirsty and reached down to find nothing there halfway through a lap at hoogekraal. Managed to backtrack and find the bottle but the second time it happened I wasnt so lucky, had to complete the ride with nothing. I definitely would not go that route again

Thank you for your input