Open letter to that person...

Yo-Yo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that does not have the foggiest idea what is going on here? It reads like a translated poem by Gert Vlok Nel.

Nice actually.

People dont like cyclists being called out on their bad behaviour.

true. Maybe it would have served its purpose better if directed to Dear Cycling Buddies, and structured as a general good practice guide rather than targeting some anonymous person.

yesh... and also there are existing threads to add to for such things like visibility, as opposed to starting a new one and diluting the smaller selection of relevant topics into a lekker punch at a party where no one can answer whats inside and what makes it good or bad

There is relevance to this.

Sometimes one needs to engage the brain. Maybe look beyond the post. Look at what the post is trying to achieve.

The one this morning, while aimed at one cyclist was a great reminder that while we think the lights we have on our bikes are enough, we could always do with more.

Or rather with the right kind of light. 

Some salient points here;

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/02/see-seen-every-cyclist-needs-know-daytime-running-lights/

Man the hub needs a decent fight thread like the old days, all this other stuff is just BS

This site is WAY better off without some of those old bruisers.

You have the 'time blinkers' on.... Type 2 fun sort of thing.

We may have to deal with open letters, repetition and some snowflakeness, but the site is a far better place to be in general.

Sometimes I think 'yoh, remember the old fight threads, how I miss those days' then I remember I really don't.

People dont like cyclists being called out on their bad behaviour.

But people had a bit of inside knowledge right? I hope so. Otherwise my English literature teacher was correct. No hope for me.

The 'Old Boys Club' made many a thread very toxic. 

+1000 reputation points if you ever received a DM with a threat of a karate chop. 

hahahahaha More like a karate tjop!

Back when it was the wicky Wild Wild West  :whistling:

Man the hub needs a decent fight thread like the old days, all this other stuff is just BS

Haha yes i agree, remember the old days with Grey Owl, and the Oom who was a padmaker in the Congo, used to ride a tandem - can't remember his name now. And then of course, those of us who believed our status level was gauged by the amount of F bombs you could fit into 1 post.

Back in the day when Admin didn't have a lock post facility and Banning members just wasn't politically correct. :thumbup:

Are you even a hubber if that guy didn’t threaten you with violence at some point?

I never felt threatened. Mostly cos those fights were never black or white to me. More like shades of grey...

There is relevance to this.

Sometimes one needs to engage the brain. Maybe look beyond the post. Look at what the post is trying to achieve.

The one this morning, while aimed at one cyclist was a great reminder that while we think the lights we have on our bikes are enough, we could always do with more.

Definitely made me think about it.

Will definitely be adding some lights