Recommendations for gravel bike tyres

tinmug

Hi All

Thanks for the positive comments on the Panaracer Gravel Kings! These handmade Japanese are proving to be some of the most popular tyres across the globe.

Switchback Sports supplies most bicycle shops around SA so please send us a message at info@switchbacksports.co.za and we can point you to your closest dealer.

We believe we stock the widest range of Gravel Tyres in the country at the moment and should have anything to fit you requirements.

Some variations that we currently have in Stock:

700C x 32C GKSK  Brown Sidewall

700C x 35C GKSK  Tubeless Black or Brown Sidewall

700C x 38C GKSK  Tubeless Black or Brown Sidewall

700C x 43C GKSK  Tubeless Black or Brown Sidewall

650B x 48C GKSK  Tubeless Black or Brown Sidewall

700C x 28C GK Brown Sidewall

700C x 32C GK Black or Brown Sidewall

700C x 38C GK Tubeless Black or Brown Sidewall

650B x 38C GK Tubeless Brown Sidewall

650B x 43C GK Tubeless Brown Sidewall

Please drop us a mail if if you have any questions! 

The new Goodyear Connectors look tasty, has somebody given them a try yet?http://www.olympiccycles.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Connector1.png

I got some spez sawtooth tyres from Stoke. I like them. Grippy and tough. Won't be throwing them out soon. Also skin wall looks "tit".

+1 on the tyres

+1 on the sidewalls!

post-12987-0-95987000-1549519416_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-52131600-1549519427_thumb.jpg

The Specialized Sawtooth is a very good option and looks great. Unfortunately they were too wide for my frame and i went back to my Maxxis Ramblers. 

The Ramblers are fast rolling both on and off road and they are extremely light compared to the rest.

Pictures arent great I know but atleast will hep to see tyre and thread.

post-32189-0-91392200-1549523604_thumb.jpeg

post-32189-0-84174700-1549523622_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know what is the maximum tyre size that a 2019 Cannondale caadx 105 can take for more comfortable offroad riding

Hands down Maxxis Rambler 40C 

i have had a set on my Norco and the have done tar/dirt/modders park  and some other bike parks too .

4563km on them thus far and hands down the best all rounders i have used, not sure how much more i can squeeze out of them but maybe if im lucky 1000km more .

will take some pics of the wear 

I am pretty content with my pair of Vittoria Terreno Dry 40c. Nice smooth ride with good cornering. 

I have the specialized pathfinder. It is a very nice tyre. Smooth center for the road and grippy on the side for gravel.