How was your Amashova?

epoh

It was fast and flat and a bunch sprint at the end. Two okes in the A bunch hooked the leading Tandem and got away with them, how lame is that? All of us could have jumped on as well but that would have been cheating. We shouted at them but they did not care.

We complained to the race official and he said he can't do anything about it lol! I need to get stronger so that I can get into the elites bunch, I cant stand this lame crap anymore.

So the race was alrighty, a bit much for 2:46 minutes of fun. Would have been nicer if it was a 5hr race.

Spending time with my club mates over the weekend was the most fun! Thanks guys, I had a great time Big%20smile

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dit was my eerste Shova . Het dit baie geniet . Het 7h30 weggespring . My tyd was 3:42 . Dink nogal nie dis te vrot vir 'n eerste keer nie . 41ste in die I groep . Spoed 28.4 km/h .

I spoke to epoh after the race and he was very dissatisfied with the length of the race - still wanted to cycle from Durban back to Ballito - the man isn't lekker!!  Someone once again promised me some downhills - I didn't see any!!?  I suffered and the chain came off my bike - twice!  But I had a nice weekend all the same.

Guest Michelle

Hooking onto a tandem isn't cheating in the open groups Tongue

Well done to Amoryn.. sub 3!!  Nice one!

I see Copman got a top 10 - AWESOME Clap

We felt strong for most of the race and were convinced that we would achieve our 3h15 target. Bit disappointed at the 3H22 but it's better than last year. We struggle on the hills and need to concentrate there.

Looking forward to the OFM.

Well done to Amoryn.. sub 3!!? Nice one!

Amoryn - that would have put you in the top 10 elite women! Time to move up. smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

Went supprisingly well for me.  Was not expecting too much, thinking that I would be dropped on Fox hill already, but managed to stick to the A bunch with relative ease.  With the 50 km to go mark I had to wave good buy to Epoh and the rest as my climbing strength started to fade on me.

Ended up doing just short of 2:52.  I am quite happy with that.  Can only get better (I hope).  Seems like my long training rides with the TCS guys the other day is starting to pay some dividends.

What a great race.

Conditions just about perfect, brilliant scenery and plenty of tandems to go round.

Organization great, goody bag a "maid's delight", and a really nice day.

All the downhill is at the end so u kind of forget the 70kms going up that went before.

Had an exchange with a guy who was on a cellphone at the start of the 1st hill when some bumping ahead led him to hop sideways across the bunch with his front wheel at right angles to his forward motion.

He couldn't see he was a problem.

Hi Chilli next time I am only promise u uphills Winkmaybe then u will enjoy the downhills. 

Enjoy the race a little bit windy for me, did it in 3:10

Well done to Amoryn.. sub 3!!  Nice one!

Amoryn - that would have put you in the top 10 elite women! Time to move up. smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

She does have a licence 4feet.

Well done to Amoryn.. sub 3!!? Nice one!
Amoryn - that would have put you in the top 10 elite women! Time to move up. smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" /> smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" /> smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />

?

She does have a licence 4feet.

?

?

We know but judging by comments in posts prior to the race she was hesitant to start with the elites. Maybe this result will give her the confidence - Amoryn, you have got it, show them how its done.

I think my race went pretty well and I am on the road to recovery. I found myself lacking strength but was good to be back on the bike even if I wasn't really racing. Always forget how up & down this race is, there are no flats...(Did a 3:06, not good but not bad either).

Had a good one and enjoyed the weekend. Just in need of some desperate sleep now. Sleepy

Went past a crash where the guy was just lying chest down not moving, hope he is ok. Freaked me out a bit, as it was a very unusual position to be in...Confused)

My race was OK, stayed with the guys up Fox Hill but then I had been training too hard during the week and at Ichanga Hill I dropped off the back. The guys just powered away and myself and another guy rode on our own to the end.

The wind was not the most fun. But I enjoyed my 50km training ride!

The A bunch is a "funride", racing in elite, ladies, age cats. Hook a tandem, good luck. Remember its easier for a girl in an open bunch to ride decent time. Constant speed, no tactics. Racing is different. But give it a try.

Well done to the 3 Maties, all 3 in front elite bunch. Mike, Erik 12th and Arno