2019 SA Road National Championships

BMCfan

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Master Men should start soon!

Good luck to everone klapping it on the TT today!

Cant wait to follow all the action of the big dogs this afternoon.

I have a feeling that we gonna see a new Elite ITT Champ today

I reckon Impey is the best time trialist (and cyclist) in South Africa but as de Bod will be on the super fast Time Machine I guess there is a chance for an upset   :P

What I have heard is that Ashleigh had tech issues.

Trust me, the PROs don't try new stuff on race day.

Then had then bike swop.

And, near the finish, she hit barriers and crashed.

Hope she is well as challenging in SA Nationals is one thing, but progressing her career in her new team is very valuable.

Go, Ash'!

Yeah.... road racing

I thought we were away and clear, break away from lap 1 just before the UB climb...but those other 2 were riding for their teams and just sat on... unfortunately my legs were not used to that distance (I was training for 2 hour xco racing) .. AM and a small group caught me with a little more than a lap to go....

The all to common and sad story of the break away LOL

You riding this year?

For my sins ... yes I am !!

Mechanical seems to be the reason here. Just interesting that Tom Dumoulin changed bikes in the 2017 world time trial in Norway before a 3km climb on the course. He recond he could climb 10 seconds faster on a road bike then on a TT bike. Now that's technical

What I have heard is that Ashleigh had tech issues.

Trust me, the PROs don't try new stuff on race day.

Then had then bike swop.

!

Trust me, I’m a mechanic....

“Finally the news is out about the new

@SRAMroad Red eTap AXS 12 speed. Just in time for me to show it off at my National Champs ITT tomorrow”

I reckon Impey is the best time trialist (and cyclist) in South Africa but as de Bod will be on the super fast Time Machine I guess there is a chance for an upset   :P

start times

De Bod  13:08

maincheese 13:09

Impey  13:10

who's catching who?!

2 laps of this

road+champs+19+tt.png?format=1500w

Edited by juan pelota

Mechanical seems to be the reason here. Just interesting that Tom Dumoulin changed bikes in the 2017 world time trial in Norway before a 3km climb on the course. He recond he could climb 10 seconds faster on a road bike then on a TT bike. Now that's technical

I have never ridden a TT bike but I believe it's not so nice to climb on them. That climb at world champs was brutal for a TT course so he(Tom) was probably right. Those bikes are made to go fast not up. I remember Tony Martin complaining big time saying that course was not suitable to a TT bike or pure TT rider at all, Yet the top guys were all the usual TT winners so maybe he just knew he wasn't going to do well.

start times

De Bod  13:08

maincheese 13:09

Impey  13:10

who's catching who?!

2 laps of this

road+champs+19+tt.png?format=1500w

It looks worse than it actually is.  For those guys it will be a very flat course