UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Women's event is way more entertaining at the moment

Has been for the last few years. Been far too much domination in the men's (between Nino and MvdP)

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has been for the last few years. Been far too much domination in the men's (between Nino and MvdP)

This year MvDP has won 3

Nino 2

Flueckiger 1.

Last year Nino shared the wins with

Fluckiger and Kerschbaumer and Gaze

He's not won a short track as far as I can remember.

it's only the 2017 season that is an outlier where he dominated everything.

The mens racing has been pretty exciting too but the ladies have a greater variety of characters in the mix for a win.

Helen Grobert retired due to health reasons, Saying her health and kind came first.

That is indeed the reasoning given to the public. That may be the case but I've also heard slightly different

That is indeed the reasoning given to the public. That may be the case but I've also heard slightly different

Heard from a knowledgeable source or from someone who knows your mate at a Braai?

Because of the sensitivity around mental health issues I really want it not to be a case of someone using it as an excuse for nefarious purposes. Especially with cycling's history in this matter.

....she's pregnant?

This year MvDP has won 3

Nino 2

Flueckiger 1.

Last year Nino shared the wins with

Fluckiger and Kerschbaumer and Gaze

He's not won a short track as far as I can remember.

it's only the 2017 season that is an outlier where he dominated everything.

The mens racing has been pretty exciting too but the ladies have a greater variety of characters in the mix for a win.

talking to myself here...

Upon further reflection, Nino has taken a bit of a dip in form these last two years since XCC was introduced. Clearly the short track takes more of an edge out of he more than the younger guys like MvDP..

It may also explain why we're better able to see the riders coming to form and then sliding out of it

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody seen what happened to Mariske? She is in hospital due to a crash.

Crashed in the team relay. She looks ok, she posted on social media yesterday. Seen a pic of her finger injury, hectic!

Edited by ians

Crashed in the team relay. She looks ok, she posted on social media yesterday. Seen a pic of her finger injury, hectic!

Eina!

Luke Moir got 5th in the junior race.

What a boytjie!! Can't believe this event was not covered live by some TV coverage, or even Red Bull TV! Some serious racing took place!

Edited by duringd