UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite clear Nino gave that win to Lars for his help in closing Avencini down.

Huh.. What would nino gain in chasing him down to not win? Nino wants that win badly to tie with Absalon... He was spent after that chase and Lars won that fair and square

The pace was furious! Was hoping Neff would stage a come back and catch Courtney. Was great to have a bit of a dice at the front of the men's race for a change too. I wonder when Avencini will finally manage to beat Nino.

Neff off (her usual pace), KC wavering, Batty nowhere, Langvad cruising ... part of long-term prep for Olympics perhaps? Can it be?

Where did Hatherly finish in the end? Is Spez XC likely to continue next year?

It's been a weird season. 

The pace was furious! Was hoping Neff would stage a come back and catch Courtney. Was great to have a bit of a dice at the front of the men's race for a change too. I wonder when Avencini will finally manage to beat Nino.

If he keeps to his current trajectory somehere around the third race of the 2020 season, depending on the course.

He needs to work on his climbing. Looses too much on the big climbs after halfdistance

She broke her hand in June

She was off the boil before she injured her hand. That injury just sealed what was shaping up to be a difficult season

Women's racing was amazing once again. So happy PFP took the win! 

I was hoping Neff would be able to take the overall, but Courtney did what she needed to do. 

I really hope that Neff can figure out a proper race strategy for 2020. Going H-bomb on the first lap is not how you win races. Either way, 2020 is going to be a killer season. Now the long wait starts.  :(

I was hoping Neff would be able to take the overall, but Courtney did what she needed to do.

. :(

I think don't underestimate what Courtney did to take the overall. She had to do a whole lot more than just beat Neff.. And when Neff went hell for leather in the first lap.. She had to match that. maintaining 5th place showed a fair bit of grit determination and mental strength

KC also did all the hard work early in the season to put herself in the position she was in yesterday......those hard won races early on paid off later when she was digging deep to stay in touch with the leaders.

Besides CK and JN .... there are some younger ladies that are showing promise for 2020 ... I recon we are going to see a season of racing like never before with the ladies fighting tooth and nail for every race win and or any spot that can deliver points through the season.

I think don't underestimate what Courtney did to take the overall. She had to do a whole lot more than just beat Neff.. And when Neff went hell for leather in the first lap.. She had to match that. maintaining 5th place showed a fair bit of grit determination and mental strength

Agreed. Can't deny that. I just have a purely subjective bias towards Neff. She just needs to sort herself out a bit. 

Agreed. Can't deny that. I just have a purely subjective bias towards Neff. She just needs to sort herself out a bit. 

well it seems coincidental both her and her bf are completely off the boil the this year. All progress he made last had utterly vaporised in 2019. 

Young love is clearly quite exhausting.

well it seems coincidental both her and her bf are completely off the boil the this year. All progress he made last had utterly vaporised in 2019. 

Young love is clearly quite exhausting.

Did she perform better on the weekends where the XCO and DH weren't held at the same venue? 

Did she perform better on the weekends where the XCO and DH weren't held at the same venue? 

hmm, interesting... ^_^

post-6789-0-83651400-1568033093_thumb.png

Edited by Capricorn

what are you basing her performance on?