PE cyclist pushed off bicycle and robbed

derickmuller

How long does Pepper spray last?? I bought one a while ago but haven't used it. I'd hate to be in a situation and I tell the muthabuffer that I'm going to smoke him and the **** oozes down my hand.... 

Should I toss it? I ordered some more over the weekend for the missus but what do I do with the old one?

If you aren't testing your pepper spray at the absolute very least on a monthly basis, you're safer off not carrying it at all, seriously.

Truth is one doesn't know how one will react in a situation like this until one is in it unless one has training and some prior experience because when the adrenaline is surging rational man is not present and beast man is and beast either runs, freezes or attacks.

This cyclist looks a bit frozen - probably the best response - it's just a phone.

Doesn't stop us wishing that we could see this horrible coward get his come uppance. 

So tired of the endless endless crime.

Part of my krav maga training drilled the idea of constant training into our heads - if you don't train regularly to stay on top of your alertness and to make defensive fighting a natural form of movement, then a person is better off not fighting back at all. 

Riding without weapons is a choice one has to make in South Africa, but choosing to ride with weapons you aren't trained in and familiar with is a bad choice. The cyclist in the vid looks very unprepared for an attack and the fall +weight of the attacked must've caused a lot of sudden shock that they weren't used to responding to, unfortunately. I hope the cyclist and country as a whole gets justice!

Edited by Dirkitech

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the paper today, the attacker is known to the police and is wanted on drug related charges.

So, hopefully, an arrest is imminent.

In PE!

Must be our friend Nick Crichton

The way I see it is these okes were probably out on the piss driving around looking for K@K and probably had no more money (for drugs) saw this oke and took a chance as it a steepish climb up there and was going slowly , probably already pawned the phone for R300 

Edited by robsc

In PE!

Must be our friend Nick Crichton

Strange that he should be mentioned.

Heard yesterday that he is in Sedgefield now and has cleaned up.Doing pretty well for himself and getting married to some young girly soon.

The way I see it is these okes were probably out on the piss driving around looking for K@K and probably had no more money (for drugs) saw this oke and took a chance as it a steepish climb up there and was going slowly , probably already pawned the phone for R300 

That's exactly it. 

They didn't take a chance, it was planned. The fact that they parked on the hill (knowing the cyclist would be slow, tired and out of breath) in the bushes and a guy stood there waiting for a rider to come past.

If you aren't testing your pepper spray at the absolute very least on a monthly basis, you're safer off not carrying it at all, seriously.

Part of my krav maga training drilled the idea of constant training into our heads - if you don't train regularly to stay on top of your alertness and to make defensive fighting a natural form of movement, then a person is better off not fighting back at all. 

Riding without weapons is a choice one has to make in South Africa, but choosing to ride with weapons you aren't trained in and familiar with is a bad choice. The cyclist in the vid looks very unprepared for an attack and the fall +weight of the attacked must've caused a lot of sudden shock that they weren't used to responding to, unfortunately. I hope the cyclist and country as a whole gets justice!

Yeah, and I dont think the cyclist was streetwise enough.