hunter to CSC

Token

Hunter to join CSC?

Robert Hunter and team CSC manager Bjarne Riis have had discussions about the possibility of the Phonak rider joining the Danish squad next season, according to South African The Star. But Riis, who was in Johannesburg last week, said nothing definite had been agreed upon just yet.

"I have seen Robert Hunter ride and I like what I see," said Riis. "We have talked about his future and the possibility of us doing something together in the future, but we will have to wait and see. There are constraints, financial and other, that mean the team can only be so big. But it is good to speculate (on a rider's future)."

Hunter said that he had been in contract negotiations with a few teams, including, it is rumoured, the South African-backed Barloworld squad who are hoping to be granted a ProTour licence for 2007.

Team CSC will be officially announced in Cape Town during the squad's annual pre-season training camp in South Africa from December 5-15, where the riders will again be sent on military survival course for a team-building exercise