[Event] 100 Cycle Challenge

Beodome

Glad to see they have swapped the start and finish chutes around. Last year came around the bend in the sprint and up the start chute

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see they have swapped the start and finish chutes around. Last year came around the bend in the sprint and up the start chute

They engaged with, and took advice from, a local club to make the event better.   :ph34r:

Starting in AL, little group of us. See you there. Remember to push up Wits Rifle.

How many riders are in AL? One of the guys from work who is normally seeded C or D also got a AL seeding. Seems like very few entries.

How many riders are in AL? One of the guys from work who is normally seeded C or D also got a AL seeding. Seems like very few entries.

Chairman and I were talking about this very thing just this morning. We suspect many new entrants, but the final numbers are not confirmed. But expect small(er) bunches if what you're saying is true. AL had 184 Racetec finishers last year, whereas ERCC last weekend had 115. Perhaps they are resting for Sani, or recovering from ERCC, tough to say. 

Chairman and I were talking about this very thing just this morning. We suspect many new entrants, but the final numbers are not confirmed. But expect small(er) bunches if what you're saying is true. AL had 184 Racetec finishers last year, whereas ERCC last weekend had 115. Perhaps they are resting for Sani, or recovering from ERCC, tough to say. 

Also ERCC has around 1600 finishers this year, when I did it last in 2017 it had around 2500 finishers.

So it could be an overall decline in numbers all round.

Smaller bunches are safer :)  ( I know its not good financially though).

I popped on the 80km mark last year, lets aim better this year :

81 Km , Go Big or Go Home ;)

Also ERCC has around 1600 finishers this year, when I did it last in 2017 it had around 2500 finishers.

So it could be an overall decline in numbers all round.

Could also be due to the clash with Tour Durban this year ????

Could also be due to the clash with Tour Durban this year

absolutely.

i was very bleak i could not do both.

Entered last year but did not ride as I picked up flu a few days prior, so far this year I've only done the pink blouse shorter distances in races so this will be my first longish one since 947 last year. 

Edited by scotty

Signs of Zumanomics filtering thru the whole country .Seeded in B .Last road event was Tshwane classic

Another AL bunch surfer rat here... having not done any outside rides other than Tour of Durban I fear it is awfully cold in the mornings to be in lycra on a bicycle... 12degC to 15degC predicted for races day - sorry but without much "natural" insulation that's Brrrrrrr in my book

Could also be due to the clash with Tour Durban this year

ahhh yes, forgot about that