Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As somebody who once sold high end sound equipment, I must say that I find it difficult to read that word without vomiting in my mouth a little.

As somebody who once cycled a lot around melkbos, people use to call me a pedalphile

O ly got about an hour on these so far and I'm super chuffed

Super good music quality, build quality seems great and connectivity is nearly instant

Noise cancellation was a bit tricky to figure out but now all good

:D

What case did you get?

It's a rare item. It's the hard case for a set of fatshark RC goggles. So yeah, I wouldn't know where to start with finding another one

• 1 month later...

O ly got about an hour on these so far and I'm super chuffed

Super good music quality, build quality seems great and connectivity is nearly instant

Noise cancellation was a bit tricky to figure out but now all good

:D

I received the same pair this week after watching it go on and off sale at Takealot for about three months.

I am mighty impressed by the sound quality, it might just be that it is the most expensive headphones I have ever owned. The NC is good but not nearly as good as the Sony pair I tested, it might just be that the effect of the NC in a shopping centre is much more pronounced than in an office where is it already moderately quiet. I don't even know the NC is on so there is no interference from it.

At the end of the day, I think it is the best bang for buck pair of NC headphones to buy if you don't want to spend on a Bose or Sony pair.

I like:

• Bluetooth connection to laptop and phone, music on laptop mutes when I receive an incoming call.
  • Long Battery life, I Got about four days worth of music out of a single charge
  • Connection using NFC is quick and easy
  • Controls are all on one ear and very intuitive

I dislike:

• The cups can be a bit on the small side, you have to shift it around a bit to get a nice fit
  • There is no indicator to see if NC is on, it only shows when you switch it on
  • The voice prompts when connecting or turning it on or off is a bit loud
  • It came with a poor quality bag, I would prefer some hard case that I can throw in my bag

I received the same pair this week after watching it go on and off sale at Takealot for about three months.

I am mighty impressed by the sound quality, it might just be that it is the most expensive headphones I have ever owned. The NC is good but not nearly as good as the Sony pair I tested, it might just be that the effect of the NC in a shopping centre is much more pronounced than in an office where is it already moderately quiet. I don't even know the NC is on so there is no interference from it.

At the end of the day, I think it is the best bang for buck pair of NC headphones to buy if you don't want to spend on a Bose or Sony pair.

I like:

• Bluetooth connection to laptop and phone, music on laptop mutes when I receive an incoming call.
  • Long Battery life, I Got about four days worth of music out of a single charge
  • Connection using NFC is quick and easy
  • Controls are all on one ear and very intuitive
I dislike:

• The cups can be a bit on the small side, you have to shift it around a bit to get a nice fit
  • There is no indicator to see if NC is on, it only shows when you switch it on
  • The voice prompts when connecting or turning it on or off is a bit loud
  • It came with a poor quality bag, I would prefer some hard case that I can throw in my bag

Pretty much agree with everything you say, Im still looking for a hardshell case for mine but I don't travel with them so they've stayed on my desk since day 1

Pretty much agree with everything you say, Im still looking for a hardshell case for mine but I don't travel with them so they've stayed on my desk since day 1

Got a hardshell case for mine at Musica; R100; works like a charm. My headphones travel in a laptop bag 90% of the time and this has protected them 100%

The (new) AirPods Pros have selectable noise cancelling (as I am sure any range of other makes do as well). When noise cancelling is off it almost sounds like it amplifies your surrounding noises slightly. 

When noise cancelling is on you are going to die. You won't hear an earth-destroying meteorite approaching. Or a hooting truck. Falling piano. Nutcase with a gun/knife/cricket bat.

But the music sounds great and, because you can't hear yourself suck air, your PBs will tumble. 

The (new) AirPods Pros have selectable noise cancelling (as I am sure any range of other makes do as well). When noise cancelling is off it almost sounds like it amplifies your surrounding noises slightly.

When noise cancelling is on you are going to die. You won't hear an earth-destroying meteorite approaching. Or a hooting truck. Falling piano. Nutcase with a gun/knife/cricket bat.

But the music sounds great and, because you can't hear yourself suck air, your PBs will tumble.

The Pros are something else. Just incredible

Chaps!  Need some help.

I own a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3's over the ear headphones. I use them for studying and blocking out my wife. Sometimes at the same time - just kidding (in case she reads this and can work out my username). These headphones are great and I totally prefer them over Sennheiser Momentums and my Grado's (I have a thing for good music and headphones)

But for running, I have always run in the Bose sound sport wired headphones - 

post-18409-0-03533400-1574276042_thumb.jpg

But they no longer make them and now everything is wireless. So because my old trusty wired headphones have been damaged, I recently purchased these....

post-18409-0-42734200-1574276156_thumb.jpg

But they are total garbage - too heavy and don't fit right. I also don't like the cord that bounces on my neck the whole time.

So, I am essentially in the market for a new pair of running headphones and I am leaning towards the wireless Sony version of the over the ear WH1000xm3 which are called the WF1000xm3

post-18409-0-62715700-1574276323_thumb.jpg

Has anyone bought these? Or does anyone have any suggestions for a good pair of running headphones?

I will also be posting this in the running thread in case those weirdo's don't see this post.  :whistling:

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

Obviously you should never ever run out in public with headphones.

But for threatmill sessions these one are the only headphones that have been able to survive my sweaty head

https://m.takealot.com/plantronics-backbeat-fit-power-wireless-earphones-blue/PLID44098453?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5dPuBRCrARIsAJL7oejbR6xX9oc8kMoadK13tuOyYj4PWaaWKH-D-t6jZenFoDJyCt-jAh4aAl6oEALw_wcB

Thanks for the recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, why would you never run outdoors with headphones?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, why would you never run outdoors with headphones?

I think he maybe means these full ear headphones, Wayne

You are obviously searching for the inner ear ones

Check this out from minute 9:30 onwards (about PowerBeats Pro, next post)

Edited by 'Dale