Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

a few months later I'm reviving this thread. 

I currently use not so wireless bluetooth earbuds that often get stuck in my helmet, and with the neck warmer/buff it's a bit of a pain, that among many other things (like the fact that they yell at me "BATTERY LOW !" every ******* minute when it's running low) make me fancy something else... I see airpods for 2900, airpods pro for 4200, Sony XM3 for 5000 on takealot...

I wonder what people are using these days, these are all very expensive. I want something comfortable and that doesn't fall off my ears while cycling (apparently the Sony ones tend to fall off). Also a bit of noise cancelling is probably a good idea for most other times, but maybe if you can turn it off while cycling or running on the road it's probably better ?

The XM3’s are brilliant. I use them day to day. However they’d be no good for any for or exercise.  

I have AirPods which are brilliant for that sort of thing. They don’t even come up when running. Can’t go wrong with some AirPod Pros which have the noice cancellation. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AirPod Pro all the way if you’ve got an iPhone. They stay in your ears, have great battery life and you can throw it’s case in your cycling jersey pocket. Noise cancellation works great when I’m listening to audio books or to drown the indoor trainer. Then when you roll up with your mates change them to transparency mode. 

I do wear a bandanna type headband that keep sweat off my face so can’t speak to its sweat resilience. But 2 years, no issues. 

1 hour ago, WrightJnr said:

AirPod Pro all the way if you’ve got an iPhone. They stay in your ears, have great battery life and you can throw it’s case in your cycling jersey pocket. Noise cancellation works great when I’m listening to audio books or to drown the indoor trainer. Then when you roll up with your mates change them to transparency mode. 

I do wear a bandanna type headband that keep sweat off my face so can’t speak to its sweat resilience. But 2 years, no issues. 

Thanks, let’s see what comes next week for my birthday ???????? I think a pair of airpods pro are on their way from takealot ????

48 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Thanks, let’s see what comes next week for my birthday ???????? I think a pair of airpods pro are on their way from takealot ????

You're a PRO - only AirPods PRO will do ????

20 hours ago, Jbr said:

a few months later I'm reviving this thread. 

I currently use not so wireless bluetooth earbuds that often get stuck in my helmet, and with the neck warmer/buff it's a bit of a pain, that among many other things (like the fact that they yell at me "BATTERY LOW !" every ******* minute when it's running low) make me fancy something else... I see airpods for 2900, airpods pro for 4200, Sony XM3 for 5000 on takealot...

I wonder what people are using these days, these are all very expensive. I want something comfortable and that doesn't fall off my ears while cycling (apparently the Sony ones tend to fall off). Also a bit of noise cancelling is probably a good idea for most other times, but maybe if you can turn it off while cycling or running on the road it's probably better ?

How about aftershox aeropex ?

19 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

@Jbr I used these for a year for my indoor cycling, as well as a few rides outdoor when doing intervals. Nothing fancy and probably all you need really when doing your exercising. Also, if something might happen to it is not a complete train-smash since you did not pay an arm and leg for it.

My friend has the Airpods Pro and they are quite neat but battery life is not that great and the ANC will only be helpful for indoor rides since you need your spatial awareness.

The XM3 is amazing but again those are for entertainment use and not recommended at all for fitness since have no water-resistant rating. With that being said, I love mine!

spacer.png

I have the same Sony 1000XM4 earphones, and they are pretty incredible for planes, home, etc, but I found that they become a bit sweaty when using them whilst exercising. And they aren't exactly cheap either... 

I recently purchased a pair of Skullcandy Sesh in-ear buds on takealot for about R600. Although they aren't noise cancelling, they are in ear buds and fit snuggly, so not much sound comes in. Find they work great for cycling and gym. 

Edited by Mark James

42 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

How about aftershox aeropex ?

Who would pay R3.5k for headphones with poor sound quality?

Thanks guys, I'll see next weekend how the airpods pro do, in the meantime I'll keep using my JBL mini. I'm not worried at all with how sweat and humidity can aftect these products, both my iphone and my current earbuds have taken heavy rain and are doing just fine, electronics have come a long way with the IPX regulations now