Puncture area - Millers Point CPT

EddieV

Heads up for anyone riding Cape Point today or tomorrow (2 & 3 March), we saw a mile of riders next to the road this morning fixing punctures. One cyclist said there is metal filings on the road surface.

It’s just before Millers Point from Simons Town side.

Heads up for anyone riding Cape Point today or tomorrow (2 & 3 March), we saw a mile of riders next to the road this morning fixing punctures. One cyclist said there is metal filings on the road surface.

It’s just before Millers Point from Simons Town side.

Hope that’s not sabotage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what is on the road, looks like metal drill shrapnel?

This is what is on the road, looks like metal drill shrapnel?

post-18898-0-28339600-1551520755_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MikeyB

scruffy buliders and contractors leaving thier rubbish in the back of bakkie - go round corner or over bump- all falls out on the road ,ive had carpet tacks ,screws,bits of cut wire,glass .

they dont care but its not actually on purpose :ph34r: still its really :cursing:

Pitty we cannot upload VN's here but I heard a VN on 1 of the group chats where the guy says between Misty Cliffs and Ocean View there were guys busy robbing cyclists this morning.

We were about 30 cyclist that turned around at the Golf Course, after being warned about the hazard on the road.

Wonder if this was by accident or intentional? Hope not the latter. Those shavings will be on the road for quite a while if not swept up or washed away.

Edited by CC307

Another pic sent to our group.

It was apparently right across the road, Fortunately some riders told us to turn around as we were coming past the golf club which we did, we were riding with Nic Dlamini and the Vida e Caffe huys and ladies who did an open ride for people to get to meet and ride with Nic..

With the stuff being right across the road apparently, I doubt that is an "accident", but I could be wrong.

post-35357-0-24079800-1551522962_thumb.jpg

We were about 30 cyclist that turned around at the Golf Course, after being warned about the hazard on the road.

Wonder if this was by accident or intentional? Hope not the latter. Those shavings will be on the road for quite a while if not swept up or washed away.

How does 1 make contact with the organizers of the Cycle Tour to make them aware of this and then they could contact the necessary people to have it cleaned up??

How does 1 make contact with the organizers of the Cycle Tour to make them aware of this and then they could contact the necessary people to have it cleaned up??

City of Cape Town is on it, through PPA and others. Will cleared up by COCT, how I know not, but it is well on their radar.

Coct is very eager to use their brand spanking new street sweeping and vacuuming mobile dysan. Kief little vacuum on wheels. They've been cleaning up uo and down Main Road (M4) the last two weeks

These things are a lot smaller than I thought so I'm not sure how effective the cleaning operation will be. Here's a pic of one on my glove.

Two of us were riding today and we each got a puncture at the problem area. One of us then had another puncture on the fast stretch between Cape Point and Scarborough. I'm hoping that the 2nd occurrence was because the metal was stuck to the tire the entire time and took a while to push through as opposed to being spread all the way the by cars etc.

post-75055-0-86455200-1551620472_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping that the 2nd occurrence was because the metal was stuck to the tire the entire time and took a while to push through as opposed to being spread all the way the by cars etc.

Hoping you're right.!

But yeah, no knowing how many of those things have been spread across the route by other traffic. :(