best 120mm FullSus , for around R30k , under 13,5kg?

Fondriestbike

Been looking around for quite a while now... I'm looking for a 120mm dual suspension bike that won't break the bank at 30k-ish and doesn't feel sluggish on the climbs -- weighing nothing more than 13,5kg...

The best bike I could find was the Scott spark 940 2018 ... 120mm front and back , 13,3kg and coming in at around 35k , which is why I'm creating this post because 35k is just a bit high at the moment as I'm stiil trying to sell 10,5kg full carbon hartail for around that price range . Please go and check it out if you're interested 

Link: https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=350964&new=1

Any suggestions on a better bike than the scott that fits my specifications..?

I dont really understand the point of the post if you still need to sell your titan before you can afford a new bike. You've been reposting that titan for months and to be honest you will never get even close to that price. Just put it up for a reasonable price otherwise it will turn into a classifieds classic like that famous 26er rigid fork ad on here.

There is a Pyga OneTen on the hub classifieds for more or less that price.

The Titan is a bit expensive, drop it and sell it... Be reasonable as bikes devalue.

In your post here you say a 120mm bike but your Titan classified says Enduro.

I guess you want a 29r and I'd second the Pyga and there are tons of Cambers..

You could check out Bike addict they have a 140mm Silverback Surface for 31k and SCOTT Spark 970 (2019) for 26k

The Titan is a bit expensive, drop it and sell it... Be reasonable as bikes devalue.

In your post here you say a 120mm bike but your Titan classified says Enduro.

I guess you want a 29r and I'd second the Pyga and there are tons of Cambers..

You could check out Bike addict they have a 140mm Silverback Surface for 31k and SCOTT Spark 970 (2019) for 26k

Exactly, enduro is definitely not 120mm. A scott spark is a cross country bike with the new 120mm ones heading slightly towards AM. Around 140mm would be AM or trail, with around 160mm being enduro.

Saying the titan is a "bit" expensive is still gonna get his hopes up. Its a titan, there's just no way any bike with that name will sell for anywhere that much. In my opinion he'll be better off just upgrading the frame and fork. If not, keep those wheels, put on an alu set and try sell the titan for like 10k. Then get an older dual sus for under 20k and put those wheels on it.

120mm for enduro in SA is perfectly fine but yeah , I still want to race XC on the bike ehich probably classifies it as a AM , if you want to get technical about it ...

Your Titan is great spec I would just look for a dual frame and build everything over. Something like a older Tallboy frame they are awesome all rounders or an Element RSL thou rocky mountain is no longer in SA if not mistaken so spares could be a issue.

Sell your frame and fork and build our current components over to a different frame.

You've got premium components on a frame that will likely fetch R3000 or something by itself and the mismatch means your components' value is also reduced.

NO hardtail should sell for R30k second hand, except if it's a top of the range premium brand 2018 or 2019 model.

I dont really understand the point of the post if you still need to sell your titan before you can afford a new bike. You've been reposting that titan for months and to be honest you will never get even close to that price. Just put it up for a reasonable price otherwise it will turn into a classifieds classic like that famous 26er rigid fork ad on here.

Ouch! Gloves are off.