[Event] 2019 PPA Sportive #5

Pedal Power Association

Event Name: 2019 PPA Sportive #5
When: 1 September 2019
Where: Perdeberg Winery, Paarl, Western Cape
Category: Road

Come and join us for a morning out on your bike with your friends and family. If you've done it before, why not challenge yourself to improve your previous results and aim for a personal best. If it's your first time, you're in for a treat with stunning views of the Paarl and Swartland winelands!

This is the first event of the PPA Sportive Series to take place at Perdeberg Winery.

This road event will offer a challenging 109km for the brave and a 39km route for those wanting to take it a bit easier on the Sunday morning.

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

Cyclists start at the Perdeberg Winery, turn right onto Vryguns Road and right again where the route will take you towards Wellington on the Voor Paardeberg/Sonop Road, later turning left onto the R45. Riders will then turn right onto the R46 passing Riebeeck-Kasteel and Hermon. They will then turn right onto the R44 towards Wellington passing Soetendal, Oakdene and Wellington Main Roads. At the Distillery/R44 Wellington robot riders will turn right towards Paarl and continue past Wellington Industria to the Wellington 4-way stop where they will turn right on the R45 towards Malmesbury. After riders pass water point 4, they will later turn left on to Voor Paardeberg Road where they will pass Schooneoord Road. The route will take a left onto Vryguns Road where it will finish just before Perdeberg Cellars.

The 109km route will have 4 water points (27,4km/51,5km/74,7km/90,8km) and the 39 km route will have 1 water point (20,6km).

ONLINE ENTRIES

Distance - 109 km

Entry fee - R375

PPA members’ discounted entry fee - R275

Distance - 39 km

Entry fee - R175

PPA members’ discounted entry fee - R125

MORE ABOUT THE SPORTIVE SERIES

This series of fun rides is aimed at all cyclists, from beginners to experienced riders, and offers the perfect platform if you want to keep fit riding road events throughout the year, improving your times and setting a new personal bests.

If you’re brave enough to take on the challenge of the longer routes, the series is a great test for endurance and stamina … and needless to say, completing all the events will be a great source of personal achievement.

No pressure though! Each one is also a standalone event, so you don’t have to enter all in the Sportive Series.

Following this event, there will be three events remaining, spread throughout the year:

• PPA Sportive #6: 29 Sept, Simonsvlei wine estate (Distances TBC)
  • PPA Sportive #7: 13 Oct, Perdeberg winery (109km/39km)
  • PPA Sportive #8: 1 Dec, Simonsvlei wine (Distances TBC)

Go to Event Page

• 5 months later...

Anyone know if the racetec d-h batch race winners was first over the line as well?

Yes they were.

D-H Top 5 riders were the Top 5 riders from the seeded groups over the line by almost a minute.

post-35357-0-86055000-1567369704_thumb.jpg

Yes they were.

D-H Top 5 riders were the Top 5 riders from the seeded groups over the line by almost a minute.

Sorry, needed to be more clear about Question.

D-H left 2-3 minutes after A-C .., they merged about 1 hr into the race, so all d-h riders will have 2-3 minute time advantage at the line,  that why i'm asking if they actually crossed line first and winning the race official (which would be great) or did the AC guys outsprint them at end ;-)  

Although, Looking at the times, it suggest the A guys did get away perhaps because the gap from the D-H guys is less than a minute on the A-C guys!!

Right at the last yes, the D guys were still there at the 3km to go mark.

Edited by OneLove