[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

There seems to be a rifle shooting event being advertised for the same date at Altona??? Not very safe is it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a rifle shooting event being advertised for the same date at Altona??? Not very safe is it?

Just stay low on your bike

The route seems to still follow quite a bit of the rivercourse, and this is the part that was very sandy - could the organisers possibly confirm?  Also not in the mood for a slog through sand, but have supported this event in the past.  

I somehow always feel better about an event where the PPA IS involved - will racetec at least be doing the timing?

We will change the route slightly to get rid of most of the sand. Racetec is still on board so there would be no problems with the timing. We are still using PPA but not on the day

We are working on that. Will be no shooting near cyclists.

We are working on that. Will be no shooting near cyclists.

Near is relative isn't it? so there will be a shooting event in the vicinity?

Just wear colourful clothing and try not to look & act like wildlife and you should be ok.

The route seems to still follow quite a bit of the rivercourse, and this is the part that was very sandy - could the organisers possibly confirm?  Also not in the mood for a slog through sand, but have supported this event in the past.  

I somehow always feel better about an event where the PPA IS involved - will racetec at least be doing the timing?

We will change the route slightly to get rid of most of the sand. Racetec is still on board so there would be no problems with the timing. We are still using PPA but not on the day

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bit of everything, single track, jeep track and farm road.    There is two hills on the 85km and one on the 50km.  The hill that both the 85km and 50km do, have a tricky decent.  The 13km is a family event and kid friendly.  Please refer to the route profiles attached and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.  

I did this race a while back, tackling Koeberg first. It is difficult to follow the map on Facebook.   on the 85 km where is that first climb and is the second climb Koeberg?

The first climb this year is Rondebossieberg, this one was previous years the second climb.  Koeberg-hill is this year the second climb.

The race starts at Altona Farm, crossing Adderley Road immediately, cyclists will go towards Occultdale, then Sondagsfontein following the Rondebossieberg hill.  Crossing a few farms you will go to Philadelphia and ride around the small village towards the N7, crossing the road and start with the Koeberg-hill climb, coming down towards the Old Malmesbury Road following the route towards the end at Altona Farm again. Hope this answers your question.

Iv received no confirmation of mine or my mtb kids (upliftment project) entries. What time does the 50km and 13km start?