Does doping exist in SA?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the doping in university qualifications- Ritalin and caffeine tablets are widely abused to pass exams...

I'll have a listen... have made a point not to support Lance's post riding career (he loses a lot of sleep about this apparently!!!) - so I avoid podcasts etc of his, but I'll give it a try.

100% agree we all live and learn, but I also know there are certain things about people that don't change, and outside of someone who knows Lance personally, we all only see what they want us to see and what is best for their careers...

I'll get back to you on this

Reaching a balance wrt to this point of view is a personal journey worth exploring

For me any pro cyclist is unfortunately a suspected doper. 

The testing goalpost is a moving target, where you have a defined number you can't cross there is incentive to get close to that number.

And then we have Burry. Massive improvements once he joined spaz racing and was always streets ahead of the locals, many who have since tested +ve. Maybe they just got desperate trying to get to his level.

No one from spaz mtb ever got caught (to my knowledge). I'm happy to say that his legacy is clean, but as all pro cyclists are unfortunately doping suspects, he doesn't escape that either. 

Filip Meirhaege was caught.

No one from spaz mtb ever got caught (to my knowledge). I'm happy to say that his legacy is clean, but as all pro cyclists are unfortunately doping suspects, he doesn't escape that either. 

Lance never tested positive either.

He did, but got away with a backdated TUE for saddle sores or something like that?

TUE's are perfectly legal and acceptable. Nothing to see here.

Filip Meirhaege was caught.

had to google that one, sauser was still with cannondale then before moving over to the big S, and not the kulhavy/stander era i was referring too. they won a lot of races and no one ever got caught AFAIK

Plenty middle-aged try hard wannabe pros dope as well... many have been caught but nothing is reported because they don't win races.

I remember when I lived in the UK (nearly 10 years back now) they tested and bust a whole heap of 30+ weekend CX, XCO and road racers on a monthly basis.

If there was racing, there were amateur age group dopers.

Plenty middle-aged try hard wannabe pros dope as well... many have been caught but nothing is reported because they don't win races.

Had a few of these try buy colostrum. They were highly disappointed when they heard it wasn't for sale it is only for the calves...

Have you seen the doping in university qualifications- Ritalin and caffeine tablets are widely abused to pass exams...

that stuff is amazing

had to google that one, sauser was still with cannondale then before moving over to the big S, and not the kulhavy/stander era i was referring too. they won a lot of races and no one ever got caught AFAIK

sure but then again neither was Marion Jones. She came clean after conscience got the better of her IIRC.

Plenty athletes don't get caught. I think the testing hit rate is either really low due to sophistication of doping methods or doping isn't as rife in professional sport as what we believe it to be.

The truth is we don't know the truth