vittoria rubino pro graphene

Arrie

Morning Hubbers

Does anyone ride with vittoria rubino pro graphene tyres. I was recommended the tyres but my 1st ride out there was cut in my tyre, i asked the bike shop and was told i must of hit something which i accepted because it is possible and i have rode once with it. Decided to buy another one as my other tyre is also brand new. I rode about 3 times with the new tyre, this morning i checked my tyres and see another cut????. Am i really unlucky or is it the tyre

I had the "normal" Vittoria Rubino Pro on my bike, and even though it has excellent handling, it is not an everyday training tire.

I also cut my rear tire right through the thread on a training ride, after only about 300km on the tire.

Morning Hubbers

Does anyone ride with vittoria rubino pro graphene tyres. I was recommended the tyres but my 1st ride out there was cut in my tyre, i asked the bike shop and was told i must of hit something which i accepted because it is possible and i have rode once with it. Decided to buy another one as my other tyre is also brand new. I rode about 3 times with the new tyre, this morning i checked my tyres and see another cut. Am i really unlucky or is it the tyre

go buy some continental gatorskins - those vittorio graphene tires are overated and have almost no puncture protection for SA road conditions

Edited by bikebloke

This is how it goes on Cape Town roads. We have lots of debris on the roads all of the time and only recently CoCT has started sweeping and vacuuming the roads again after more than a decade of just leaving the road cleaning up passing cars

Worst tyres I have ever owned and wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

They cut far too easily and the other problem I had was they started to split between where you have the tread and the flat round part of the tyre and that was probably within 6 months of putting them on. I ride between 7 - 8 bar which the tyre should be more than able to cope with.

I had a set of Vitoria Diamante Pro tyres. Super light, the ultimate racing tyre. My first ride, about 10 meters from my gate, I locked up trying to avoid a dog. A bubble started on flat spot and the tyre exploded.

I had the "normal" Vittoria Rubino Pro on my bike, and even though it has excellent handling, it is not an everyday training tire.

I also cut my rear tire right through the thread on a training ride, after only about 300km on the tire.

Same here. I liked them but not a training tire.

I have been riding Conti Grand Prix 4000 ii for about 18 months and would not try anything else

That's normal for my tyres. I'm constantly picking glass out of my tyres. I haven't used the graphene versions but found the normal and pro's to be very good.

when I visited the store I asked for a tyre that is not to slow but also have decent puncture resistance and was recommended these tyres but thanks guys, atleast I know its not me being unlucky like I was told. Before this I used the Espoir Elite (specialized) tyre and I loved it, I probably had about 5 punctures in a year

Same here. I liked them but not a training tire.

I have been riding Conti Grand Prix 4000 ii for about 18 months and would not try anything else

+1 for the GP4000's, light and pretty durable.

when I visited the store I asked for a tyre that is not to slow but also have decent puncture resistance and was recommended these tyres but thanks guys, atleast I know its not me being unlucky like I was told. Before this I used the Espoir Elite (specialized) tyre and I loved it, I probably had about 5 punctures in a year

If you want bullet proof and grip get Specialized Armadillos they are amazing. I don't even bother about glass on the road, I just ride over it. Yes it does cut the tread by don't ever get a puncture. If I've gotten one in the last few years it's a lot. 

+1 for the GP4000's, light and pretty durable.

Yeah GP 4000 IIs is probably the best all round tyre. Great puncture resistance, tread wears fairly well for a race level tyres day they light and supple. No Vitoria Road tyre I have used gas lasted half as well or rolls as well. Only the pirelli p zero velo matches the conti.