So my 9 year old was in a hit and run on Monday :(

Pants Boy

My daughter (9 years old) was cycling to school on Monday afternoon when she was hit by a lady in an i10 after failing to stop at a stop street. After driving over my daughter's arm and hand she proceeded to floor it and tried to make a getaway.

Ambulance attended to my daughter, cracked Radius and also cracked some small bones in the hand but it does not seem as if she will need physio, just a pretty pink cast for a good few weeks (ages when you're 9)

post-29544-0-43800300-1552472458_thumb.jpeg

Unfortunately for the driver:

1) There's a security company's camera(s) recording that corner

2) There were 3 people handing out Fibre installation pamphlets who saw the whole thing and are willing to testify

3) There was a lawyer at one of the other 3 stop streets that pursued the i10, found her and got her back to the accident scene. Also very pissed off and willing to testify.

Her family arrived at the scene and tried to kick up a bit of a fuss about 'babies' on bicycles, but was quickly shut up by the bystanders. Fortunately I arrived a few minutes after this. So the cops eventually arrived on scene and did a spectacularly poor job as per usual. It now seems as if the docket has disappeared as well ... ffs. We're opening a new one later today if they can't find it.

A few things that really, really pisses me off:
1) She just drove off. Sure, it may be attributed to shock, BUT
2) She denied having hit anything or anybody when the lawyer confronted her at her home after chasing her down. There's paint missing from the driver's door where she hit my daughter's bike.
3) Her dad wanted me to 'not report it as a hit and run' so that she wouldn't be arrested, and he would cover the costs involved (maybe not a bribe but said in the same breath) This I could almost, just about agree to seeing as to the alleged perpetrator's demographics BUT
4) She came over to 'apologize' to me whilst I was talking to the cops and said she stopped and asked if my girl is ok - something neither the eyewitnesses, lawyer nor camera footage confirms.

All in all, my daughter is ok apart from not being able to play in the netball or tennis teams anymore, and possibly losing out on performing with her ballet troupe in the State Theatre in July. The lady wasn't arrested on scene, but a case of hit and run was opened (not 100% sure on the legal terms here)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get how people can do a hit a run..and this is a kid as well.accidents do happen. This we know but to leave the scene of an accident when that person's life could be saved by prompt intervention beggars belief. I for one fully advocate a 5yr mandatory jail sentence for those that flee the scene ....that's before additional charges etc come into play. Best wishes to your child.

Holy ****.... Really sorry to hear about this, I'm super glad your daughter wasn't seriously injured and she can still smile. 

How did you contain yourself, and not give the driver a moerse PK?? I hope you and all the witnesses nail this ******* piece of ****! Who drives away from knocking a cyclist (yes it's been said before) but a child.... 

The i10 driver is lower than scum in my eyes, doesn't deserve to live.... **** I wouldn't even piss on her if she was on fire... 

Sorry dude for the foul language, I have two daughters myself and would hate anything to happen to them.

Give your girl lots of hugs and kisses!!!!! 

WTF. Glad your daughter is ok

Nothing new about cops ''losing'' dockets.  :thumbdown:

I'm afraid that we have just about lost the fight against corruption and poor service in the SAPS.

It is only getting worse

I’m just so relieved that your daughter is okay (from the pic she seems to be...)

I would personally not just ‘let it go’. If she fell slightly differently, the car could have easily driven over her completely; and the outcome could have been totally different. Would the driver have stopped then? I doubt it

kudos for keeping your cool

i wouldn't have - **** would have flown........

Well done on keeping it together.

So glad all is ok, ish....

I would have lost it properly.  Please, please throw the book at them.

Joh, must have been a close call.

Out of interest how old is the driver?

since her dad is involved I'm guessing 18-25.

If nothing comes of it with cops and courts, go and get that CCTV footage, place it on social media and let her get the rough end of the stick online.

I have zero sympathy for this.

Holy ****.... Really sorry to hear about this, I'm super glad your daughter wasn't seriously injured and she can still smile. 

How did you contain yourself, and not give the driver a moerse PK?? I hope you and all the witnesses nail this ******* piece of ****! Who drives away from knocking a cyclist (yes it's been said before) but a child.... 

The i10 driver is lower than scum in my eyes, doesn't deserve to live.... **** I wouldn't even piss on her if she was on fire... 

Sorry dude for the foul language, I have two daughters myself and would hate anything to happen to them.

Give your girl lots of hugs and kisses!!!!! 

You go boy, I feel exactly the same.