Predict and win with the Absa Cape Epic Fantasy League

Bike Hub Features

Great competition, just a question how do you deal with the points allocation when  penalty is dished out post the results being published as with Galileo Risk receiving a 30min penalty?

Great competition, just a question how do deal with the points allocation when  penalty is dished out post the results being published as with Galileo Risk receiving a 30min penalty?

The Fantasy League follows the official event results.

If and when that gets updated, we'll change the competition accordingly. 

faith in the coolharvey express eventually firing up not being repaid.

time for planB

Going for the stage wins now? :ph34r:

Going for the stage wins now? :ph34r:

that was plan A!

I actually thought stage2 was a decent one for them

So because a lot of the heavy favourites won, it's tight at the top.

But many categories saw a lower placed team doing well on the last stage as the leaders took a slight beck seat

I wonder who the highest placed team that has Galileo risk and the Starks is, and if they can sneak a surprise come from behind.

wow, 5 points in it at the end , came close to being a random draw for the big prize!

1. In the event of a tie a winner will be chosen from the points leaders by way of a random draw.

it looks like the top2 had identical picks for overall and final stage, so the gap stayed the same.

grootlem cruised into 3rd, on the back of picking the Kross team for stage7 win - ballsy move!

edit:thanks to the hubteam for putting this on. I know it wasn't massive prizes but was still a bit of fun.

I do however think it is a little bit hamstrung by the actual racing being actually quite boring. most of the categories were very predictable, as we can see from the spread of selections vs outcome.

post-1830-0-42946800-1553503245_thumb.png

finally well done to 2018 winners Ken & Katja, who did not waste their prize entry and finished 6th in the mixed, 114 on GC.

https://www.cape-epic.com/teams/2019/11224/ken--katja

they actually even scored some points in stage 6!

Edited by juan pelota

• 11 months later...

Will there be a fantasy league this year?

Unfortunately not for 2020. We've got our hands a little full with other projects, but hope to revisit this event and project in future.