Looking for a fun trail in Gauteng

Craig Armstrong

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't recommend Thaba if your skill levels are not up to scratch. The trail is very challenging and if you up to walking a few sections then by all means go for it.

The death grip (holding grip tightly no finger on brake)

Death gripped the "Yahoo" downhill there two weeks ago. What a rush!

Just release the brakes and go!

For me the blues need to be walked on the uphills  more than the downs. If they made the descents a bit more accessible it would be a lot of fun :)

Also from Cape Town and spend many weekends in JHB.  I recently (last week) rode Hennops and I really enjoyed it... it has no knar or jumps, drops like Cobra, DH1 or Status Quo, but was a fun flow ride with lots and lots of singletracks..  I think it will be my goto track for JHB riding. some sections reminded me of Riebekskloof , ups and downs and lots of climbing switchbacks.

Would make the perfect Night ride ... 

Im still exploring what there is on offer in jhb, next stop is kingskloof . have heard some good things about that from the locals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, we also have new trails open at B'sorah. The farm is open to the public on Sundays to Fridays, unfortunately not Saturdays.

B'sorah is about 7km's from Van Gaalen. Check out our website www.bsorah.com for directions or search B'sorah Luxury Tented Camp on Google Maps. We will also have more info on our website soon.

At the moment our maximum distance is 30km's and we're busy adding more trails.

• 1 month later...

We rode Rietvlei today. My wife loved the blue and orange routes. I found the route markings sketchy in some places, but overall was some lovely trails. Nothing that couldn't be done on my singlespeed, although quite technical in some spots

Hi guys, we also have new trails open at B'sorah. The farm is open to the public on Sundays to Fridays, unfortunately not Saturdays.

B'sorah is about 7km's from Van Gaalen. Check out our website www.bsorah.com for directions or search B'sorah Luxury Tented Camp on Google Maps. We will also have more info on our website soon.

At the moment our maximum distance is 30km's and we're busy adding more trails.

Why not Saturdays? That's the only day majority of people have to ride....