12 speed chain replacement

justinlo

Hi all. I see a few related topics on this.

Who else is replacing 12 speed chain when chain wear gauge is at 0.5, this is on a Park tool CC 3.2 gauge.

-If I leave it to the 0.75 will it be too much wear to still run a new chain on the cassette?

Only get like 1700km on the chain, 3months of usage which isn't much.

Or is it better just to replace once it comes to the 0.5 and then possible 3 or possibly more chains runs on the same cassette?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace it now, but cough up for the XX1 chain in gold or black. They last forever. Mine has 2000km and not even showing 0.25

Edit: I recall some guys run 3 chains to 0.5, then run those same 3 chains to 0.75. Then replace chains and cassette. I'll reiterate that the XX1 chains will make this entire cycle stretch much longer.

Edited by thisismyotherbike

Thanks... just took the time to write down the actual mileage on this chain. It turns out I got this far 2253km.

I will check out the option to go for a XX1 chain..

Cheers

X01 chain also have super long life

Now where near as long as the XX1 chain. Not even half as long.

my xo1 chain was toast at 1600km.

my XX1 chain does not have any wear according to the park tool chain checker as it does not fit between the links at 0.0%

Silly question time... compatibility of using Xx1 chain on Sunrace cassette 11-50. Theoretically it shouldn't make a difference since I currently use their Gx chain on a Sunrace cassette with no problems.

Silly question time... compatibility of using Xx1 chain on Sunrace cassette 11-50. Theoretically it shouldn't make a difference since I currently use their Gx chain on a Sunrace cassette with no problems.

Shouldn't be a problem. I use one with my 11speed road drive train

Will take a look, although it looks like, the how to fit a chain.

I have seen Park tools video on how to use their chain gauge CC 3.2 to see if the chain is worn they also suggested the replace 12 speed chains at the 0.5 wear indicator.

Will take a look, although it looks like, the how to fit a chain.

I have seen Park tools video on how to use their chain gauge CC 3.2 to see if the chain is worn they also suggested the replace 12 speed chains at the 0.5 wear indicator.

Where did you buy your checker? Can't seem to find one anywhere.

I ran 2 xx1 chains and just replaced them, both where 0.75. New chain is running perfectly, not sure of the the mileage I got was little more than a year of riding. Xx1 cassette still looks good might get another chain out of it after this 1.

Now where near as long as the XX1 chain. Not even half as long.

my xo1 chain was toast at 1600km.

my XX1 chain does not have any wear according to the park tool chain checker as it does not fit between the links at 0.0%

Over 10 000km on my xo1 chain and it was not at 50% wear. Are your sure xx1 lasts much longer

I ran 2 xx1 chains and just replaced them, both where 0.75. New chain is running perfectly, not sure of the the mileage I got was little more than a year of riding. Xx1 cassette still looks good might get another chain out of it after this 1.

Over 10 000km on my xo1 chain and it was not at 50% wear. Are your sure xx1 lasts much longer

You two both need to keep in mind that this thread is about Eagle/12spd and I'm getting the idea you're talking about XX1/Xo1 in the 11spd versions which is not relevant here