Another doping Violation - Rickardo Broxham

Pure Savage

So he was riding for ProTouch at the time of the positive...

Same team who think it's all good and fine to make a former doper their team captain - what a great example that sets. 

The more the sport changes, the more it stays the same  :rolleyes:

Who is their Captain?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said he left the team in April 2018

Hmmm... but he rode the Junior tour of Ireland in July in Protouch kit?

https://inthebunch.co.za/2018/07/sas-rickardo-broxham-in-surprise-after-junior-tour-of-ireland-victory/

And he's listed in the results for 2018 Support SA Talent series as ProTouch (and this series is run by the same guys who run the ProTouch team)

https://www.supportsatalent.co.za/hall-of-fame/

Regardless, my point remains - make someone who has doped your team captain and it sets a ridiculously poor precedent. Just like all the team managers signing up the 'ex' dopers because it's win at all costs at all times...

Has not worked for a certain South African "Sprinter"

Ain't he being referred to as a 'all rounder' these days?

Not that it matters that much.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

Gummi, what makes you say the coach was probably aware?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Coaches monitor their athletes all the time.He'd have to explain any drastic improvement to the coach.

Heptaminol has little to no performance enhancing effect. I doubt improvements would have been shown in testing.

If deliberately used for doping, it is also often just used during events. Its typically fully excreted within 24hours.

The bigger worry are the dopers who are still racing at the age of 46 with a "heart condition" and winning races like Attakwas. The event organisers allow her to race all their events because her husband works for them, that is as shameful as the ANC corruption.

Heptaminol has seen previous high profile positives. Fofonov and Georges.

The drug is easily available in France and I'd assume other European countries too. It is sold over the counter as a "specified substance". Heptaminol is mostly used to treat low blood pressure. It is also found in Kynoselen (anabolic steroid).

I suspect his given a defense of accidental ingestion. It is a very weird substance to ingest accidentally, but the defense has satisfied the anti-doping tribunal it seems. Of course, the court of public opinion will have their say too.

It is plausible that there was some accident - possibly a clueless doctor with a prescription. But blood pressure meds is one hell of an accident.

Heptaminol has seen previous high profile positives. Fofonov and Georges.

The drug is easily available in France and I'd assume other European countries too. It is sold over the counter as a "specified substance". Heptaminol is mostly used to treat low blood pressure. It is also found in Kynoselen (anabolic steroid).

I suspect his given a defense of accidental ingestion. It is a very weird substance to ingest accidentally, but the defense has satisfied the anti-doping tribunal it seems. Of course, the court of public opinion will have their say too.

It is plausible that there was some accident - possibly a clueless doctor with a prescription. But blood pressure meds is one hell of an accident.

Kynoselen is NOT an anabolic steroid.

Why does everyone only see Heptaminol as a prescription drug for low BP? Its found in a lot of different products. I don’t want to list brands/products, but Heptaminol is found in several products that supposedly prevents cramps, or aid recovery. Its found in some haemorrhoid meds, toothpastes and mouth washes, in headache tabs, etc.

I’m sure many of us has ingested Heptaminol inadvertently via these products.

Note that I am not condoning the ingestion of any banned substances, deliberately or inadvertently

Edited by Pulse

The bigger worry are the dopers who are still racing at the age of 46 with a "heart condition" and winning races like Attakwas. The event organisers allow her to race all their events because her husband works for them, that is as shameful as the ANC corruption.

No you are allowed to race once your ban is over. That is how it works for everyone (Unless you're name is Kevin Evans...)

I heard via via , that this kids B sample came back NEGATIVE !!!!

Not sure if that is true or if that is why he only got a 1 year ban .

Does anyone know the legalities of the B sample being negative . Does the A sample still count then ??

Kynoselen is NOT an anabolic steroid.

Why does everyone only see Heptaminol as a prescription drug for low BP? Its found in a lot of different products. I don’t want to list brands/products, but Heptaminol is found in several products that supposedly prevents cramps, or aid recovery. Its found in some haemorrhoid meds, toothpastes and mouth washes, in headache tabs, etc.

I’m sure many of us has ingested Heptaminol inadvertently via these products.

Note that I am not condoning the ingestion of any banned substances, deliberately or inadvertently

You're correct.

Initially, I was of the opinion that one doesn't accidentally ingest heptaminol. The more digging I did, the more plausible it seems. Actually a lot of stuff that contains it.

Fact remains that he satisfied the anti-doping tribunal. That does count for something.

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr.