Friday Game: Can you guess the creak

Jako De Wet

Hi everyone, so after reading a few forum posts about this, it seems that it's either pivots or bb. There is also a creak coming from the headset.

What are the experts take on this? The sound is only there when I apply decent power through the crank.

Bike is only 7months old.

EDIT: Can't upload the clip directly it seems, but here is a OneDrive link to the little video I recorded while riding yesterday

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtS8z4Vzkpogm09cJtEzNfxrbV1Y

I haven’t listened to the clip, but for what it’s worth - the frame can amplify the creaks and then it comes out the holes. I had a squeeky

derailer, but the squeek was coming from the bb/crankset. Dust worked into the drop outs at the skewer nut. A rinse with water made the squeek almost disappear.

Happy hunting.

I had the exact same problem with my scalpel , bike is 3 years old , pivot bearings never been done . Thought it was that as i had the Praxis BB30 regreased 4 months ago . Took bike in to have pivots checked , turned out to just be a very dirty BB , mech took everything out bearings were fine regreased it and noise is completely gone 

I am hoping so, it doesn't seem to be the pivots, BB seems to be most likely culprit. This is gauging from all the "tests" I have done.

It's at the workshop today and showed them the noise. Mech also found some play in the rear hub or triangle, not sure where he decided it was coming from before I left.

Hoping to pick it up later today and will report back what it was.

Picked up the bike and gave it a quick spin, not 100% sure yet, but seems like its sorted. Mech said it was the bottom bracket, he says it actually needs replacing and because the bike is only 7 months old, they’ll see if they can do it under warranty. Problem is that Sram doesn’t have any stock of the power spline bb so will see what happens.