Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will make his attempt a world record ?

fastest.

On the 12th of May 2019 Paul van Zweel will be attempting to ride the fastest time for an everest. The current world record is 8 hours 46 minutes. Loveday street gives 45 meters of climbing with an average gradient of 15%. To achieve 8848 meters of climbing he will need to summit this climb for an arduous 197 times! Bring your friends along and support Paul on this epic climb in Pretoria.

What will make his attempt a world record ?

Did you click the link?

On the 12th of May 2019 Paul van Zweel will be attempting to ride the fastest time for an everest. The current world record is 8 hours 46 minutes. Loveday street gives 45 meters of climbing with an average gradient of 15%. To achieve 8848 meters of climbing he will need to summit this climb for an arduous 197 times! Bring your friends along and support Paul on this epic climb in Pretoria. 

is Guiness WR going to be there? Has a surveyor measured the elevation gain?

i don't think anyone takes guinness that seriously anymore.

world records can recorded with supporting info for the interweb to pick apart

STRAVAAAAAAAA

Well as any governing body will tell you, the record is only as good as the governing body who regulates it.

The joke is that using uncorrected, un-calibrated device with a barometer to claim a world record -cool story. My gps receiver had some messed up signals in the mist in a gully in the berg last week and apparently I ran a 30 second 2km. I will upload the file please give me the 2000m world record :ph34r:

Loveday st is a little beast. For those that have done the Sunrise monster 32km, that is the first hill you hit about 2 km into the race. Most runners walk it