Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

Completing an Everest is not that hard with the right gearing. If I just cruise I can do it in 12 hours or so. I have an all or nothing mentality though so coming to the realization that it was not going to happen was enough for me to abandon it altogether. I should have checked more data before organizing the event. The gps made me believe 1020 meters per hour was possible for 8.75 hours but the actual data means it is difficult to hold 920 meters per hour for over 9 hours.

Well bud do it then bud. Pretty sure you will also say the hour record is not that hard...all about gearing as well. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's easy to get a warning. Just start a religion thread...

makes sense that it happened in this thread then with all the blasphemy going on...

edit: font to avoid warning points

Edited by morneS555

Taking the hour record requires a great doctor. I've rescheduled the Everest for 19 May in Somerset West. https://www.facebook.com/events/381194536065718/

A fine response sir!

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Caveat: I don't think many people doubted your ability - your overly brash and under prepared approach rubbed me up the wrong way. 

This is another case where I would like to be proven wrong. Best of luck.

There are roadworks at the bottom of Irene. And a lot of traffic. Hillcrest has a basically straight descent with only one side street to worry about. My suggestion is to go with Hillcrest.

There is also nice parking at the bottom for supporters and or a feeding station.

Savages did it on PV a while ago, has similar parking at the bottom by the school, but the road is much busier.

Hillcrest is by far the best road in Scummies for an Everest.

A fine response sir!

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Caveat: I don't think many people doubted your ability - your overly brash and under prepared approach rubbed me up the wrong way.

This is another case where I would like to be proven wrong. Best of luck.

I'll second that notion

Are you implying that you need to dope to take the hour record?

I think that is the implication. Much like that for Everesting, a vegan is the best tool for the job. Guess it's how you say things, not what you say.

• 2 months later...

ok so it's not possible to break the everesting world record in msanzi.

instead, let's go smash a half marathon in 75 minutes with 6 weeks of training.

well the hlaf marathon was last weekend, let's see what happened

1.29 for a half is pretty good.

Not even remotely close to 75min

He was so far off his goal time it's not even funny.

On that same race one of the ladies in our running group and he mid 50 year old husband ran that time .......

Not even remotely close to 75min

He was so far off his goal time it's not even funny.

On that same race one of the ladies in our running group and he mid 50 year old husband ran that time .......

I’m just surprised he didn’t stop at the halfway mark...

I’m just surprised he didn’t stop at the halfway mark...

maybe he entered for the full marathon and just edited the video afterwards :ph34r:

PS: I didn't watch it, don't care

PS2: and don't forget that it would have been easy if he had the right internal gearing :P

Edited by morneS555