[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge & Trail Run

Delanie

Hi all: Really looking forward to the "race" next weekend.

Are there any surprises like gap jumps or large drop offs one should be aware of on the 37km, or can I gun the downhills? 

Wondering if anyone has details about the race registration.

Is there anything planned for tomorrow or only on Saturday morning?

Wondering if anyone has details about the race registration.

Is there anything planned for tomorrow or only on Saturday morning?

Only Saturday morning.

Anyone know any contact detials? I've just got an SMS with a race number. I didn't even know I'd entered and have no idea what distance that relates to.  :blush:

Wow this is mtb'ing at its finest.

The trails are awesome and views spectacular. Route well marked and waterpoints fully stocked well marshaled.

Heat was a killer today on the long route, 38 deg

Pity I didn't put in enough training, there are no free km in the race.

Tough but rewarding day on the mtb.

Fully enjoyed it today as well, heat and all. Made the post ride beer just taste so much better. Will definitely be back next year for my third one. Think next i should do the 63 next year. Did the 37 for the second time this year, time to progress a bit.

Great job by all involved. A definite must do event every year.

Start was very congested. Was told by fellow riders that all/most distances started at the same time. This created endless bottlenecks. Wasted lots of time if you started towards the back as I did.

Start was very congested. Was told by fellow riders that all/most distances started at the same time. This created endless bottlenecks. Wasted lots of time if you started towards the back as I did.

Agreed, but you can avoid this by seeding yourself more towards the front if you're a stronger rider. next time :) 

I have done a few K2Cs with little to no training as well as Double Centuries and I managed to finish those comfortably but this was proper hard. I was cooked after 30Kms and the next 33 was pure suffering.There are no free Kms.  Not your average MTB race. Really technical, tough and the heat did not help but WOW...  What an awesome race. Route is amazing. Water-points are awesome and this is proper mountain biking. Amazing single-track! 

I will definitely be back next year  but with  A LOT more training!

just love this race, camped the Friday night, what a great arrangement and well managed, great food, great breakfast,perfect campsite, toilets and showers spot on, tonnes for wood for the camp fire.

will do this for sure next year. 

Big thanks to all the support staff, everything was perfect,  

post-46828-0-66361200-1568126484_thumb.jpeg