[Event] Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race 2019

nicsname

jinne this looks lekker! I'm pretty sure I'm too slow (and on MTB) to keep up with the tail-enders though...if I have to bail en route, what would the best options be? I won't mind bailing and then meandering back (might bring a mate along), but quite keen to do Chappies by moonlight, though...

(and no, I'm not one of those saying I'm undertrained and unfit - I'm a 5-hour Argus type, so would very possibly not make cut-off...)

I will definitely be at the back,so you wont be alone.

Edited by scottydoesntknow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to be a party pooper or the voice of doom but while last year's was a blast there were one or 2 sketchy moments with people setting up for the running race with their backs to the oncoming bicycles carrying crates of cokes and setting up trestle tables not expecting bicycles to come barreling through. 

Also section of M4 to Tokai was not closed and open to traffic at the time we went through so ....

This isn't the reason I'm not riding this crash event this year though - just wanted to say be careful - the people on the road won't be expecting a peleton.

Don't want to be a party pooper or the voice of doom but while last year's was a blast there were one or 2 sketchy moments with people setting up for the running race with their backs to the oncoming bicycles carrying crates of cokes and setting up trestle tables not expecting bicycles to come barreling through. 

Also section of M4 to Tokai was not closed and open to traffic at the time we went through so ....

This isn't the reason I'm not riding this crash event this year though - just wanted to say be careful - the people on the road won't be expecting a peleton.

Thanks for the heads up Mamil - I'll mention this in the briefing :)  

Don't want to be a party pooper or the voice of doom but while last year's was a blast there were one or 2 sketchy moments with people setting up for the running race with their backs to the oncoming bicycles carrying crates of cokes and setting up trestle tables not expecting bicycles to come barreling through

We had a disc brake vs rim brake moment a few years ago with exactly that scenario.

Luckily my ninja reflexes steered me away from the disc brake equipped bike  :ph34r:

i.e. he stopped, while I avoided

Wait a second, the times I have done it the spectators and people setting up water tables hear the screams of STRAVA from miles away!!!

It wouldn't be a good event if you didn't have some stories afterwards  :whistling:

Agreed, this makes it all the more appealing.

I will definitely be at the back,so you wont be alone.

If the weather holds, I'm likely to pitch up - but will just slink away on a side street somewhere if it looks as if I can't keep up!