Bass fishing around Cape Town

mulmi

Help, my eldest loves fishing, at the moment I just have 3m of line a hook line and sinker. 

I have no clue what rod a kid would need etc, they have random stuff on holiday but not able to get it before this weekend.

Anybody have any suggestions. He is 5 and wants to catch a fish that is like 15cm.

although there's is always this way

https://youtu.be/RuGrxQv4oF8?t=373

What bait do they use for carb or bass?

Mielie bombs. I find freshwater extremely boring, even catching carp is boring. Bass is fun tho. Salmon and trout is a huge physical effort. But once you get them enticed with a fly its great fun.

I mainly fish sea water, which can be extremely boring as well, unless the fish bite.

If you do want to venture with your little one for some saltwater, then I can suggest Kalk bay harbour as well as the pier by bikini beach in Gordons Bay. You can also try the harbour wall at harbour island next to ocean basket in Strand as well.

Mielie bombs. I find freshwater extremely boring, even catching carp is boring. Bass is fun tho. Salmon and trout is a huge physical effort. But once you get them enticed with a fly its great fun.

I mainly fish sea water, which can be extremely boring as well, unless the fish bite.

If you do want to venture with your little one for some saltwater, then I can suggest Kalk bay harbour as well as the pier by bikini beach in Gordons Bay. You can also try the harbour wall at harbour island next to ocean basket in Strand as well.

We have done Kalk Bay, its like fishing in a barrel, he loves it!!!

Help, my eldest loves fishing, at the moment I just have 3m of line a hook line and sinker. 

I have no clue what rod a kid would need etc, they have random stuff on holiday but not able to get it before this weekend.

Anybody have any suggestions. He is 5 and wants to catch a fish that is like 15cm.

I have a bass rod and some lures to donate.Send me a DM and I can drop it off

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bass rod and some lures to donate.Send me a DM and I can drop it off

c999703a6e16eae36d04e407e6f810f8.jpg

A massive thank you!! We really enjoyed the afternoon fishing! We did not catch anything but spent the whole afternoon learning to cast and reeling it in!! I think the Mrs actually enjoyed the fishing the most!! Now to find a spot closer to cape town with some fish!

A massive thank you!! We really enjoyed the afternoon fishing! We did not catch anything but spent the whole afternoon learning to cast and reeling it in!! I think the Mrs actually enjoyed the fishing the most!! Now to find a spot closer to cape town with some fish!

Clanwilliam used to be the bass mecca when I was in the Cape. it helped to have a boat, but that fishing was awesome.

Clanwilliam used to be the bass mecca when I was in the Cape. it helped to have a boat, but that fishing was awesome.

If we got to Clanwilliam I will be skiing behind our boats :) Guess can let the kids fish from one :)

I see pap gooiers at the dam in Somerset West next to the R44 all the time.

I don't know anything about fishing, but it looks pretty busy over weekends, so either there is fish or they don't want to be at home.