Tandem advise

Jokerman

Guys

Me and Snapshot are looking into doing the tandem thing in the not to distant future.............as we have much the same pedalling style ect :)

With this in mind I'd like to get advise on what one can get out there as far as a tandem bike is concerned.....i.e. price, specs ect......

I see allot of Cannodales so that's a must to look into

I ride a Cannondale tandem with Ultegra (RT1000) and it is a great bike - very stiff and very light.

BikeMax

What are they going for more or less ?????

Not sure new - but as a guide you can probably get a second hand one for around 15-17k

BikeMax

Thanks for the advise...............will chat to Crux as well to get an idea

Obviosuly we'df like to give it a try first before going into it flat out hey

I also have a cannondale RT1000 with Shimano 105. Very happy with it. Paid about R20k new but got a unbelievable deal.

Thinking about changing the stoker's handlebars for straight MTB ones as the existing ones ( look like curved bulls horns) touch my thighs when I pedal.

Wonder Woman :)

I like your thinking girl................hmmmmm, in this case it will be used as final confirmation.............as the DEED is definatly going to happen.

Think out first hurdle is going to be who will be in the driving seat :)

BikeMax

Thanks for the advise...............will chat to Crux as well to get an idea

Obviosuly we'df like to give it a try first before going into it flat out hey

If you are after a cheap entry level tandem then PM me as I have one for sale.

My advice is dont go cheap as you are gonna regret it when you have to change BB's, chains (a tandem can take 3 half bike chains), seats, cleats, posts and so the list goes on. Buying double up is no diff to buying half a bike - you always upgrade so just do it now.  For more than just above entry go Raleigh or Ravo (I have one and is super happy and even Fatty could not break it) or if ye got the RSA Dollars, go Cannondale or Trek.  My upgrade choice - Cannondale with Ultegra.Thumbs%20Up

Or speak to John at Exocet (083 4171982), he makes a good frame and you can dictate your sizes and angles

Our 1st tandem came from John, it gave us 11 years of delight and then we got our Ravo for R14k with FSA Carbon cranks, ultegra shifters and XT deraileur, upgraded wheels to Bontrager Tandem wheels.

Joker, we got our tandem before the deed was done and have covered a further 15 years together.Big%20smile

I have three words for you:

JUST DO IT!

It's great, and the biggest bonus, is come race day, the tandem bunches are much smaller than any other groups, so its a lot less stressfull and much safer.

WorcesterWheelers2006-10-24 03:35:47