[Event] DBX presented by Retail Capital

WorldSport

email me at andreas@bikelane.co.za and will send you the mail with seeding

Thanks, I got it from the website. Cant see it on the phone, had to use my pc.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SASeeding is an absolute stuff up. They have some finishing times listed here which are way off e.g 21hrs for 70km race. I  have no faith in their database. You can chat to them n Facebook. They will promise to fix it and then you will wait....... and wait.......and wait

SASeeding is an absolute stuff up. They have some finishing times listed here which are way off e.g 21hrs for 70km race. I have no faith in their database. You can chat to them n Facebook. They will promise to fix it and then you will wait....... and wait.......and wait

I agree, half of my races does not even show.

Apart from the seeding mess up I'm quite looking forward to this one. It's probably because of the beer at the end!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride

This was awesome! Took me 5 hours on the long route (older, fatter, was on antibiotics) but I enjoyed it so much. Beautiful scenery. 

Apart from the lack of enough toilets this was absolutely perfect. 

post-38519-0-87190300-1558875809_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-22895800-1558875815_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-16370000-1558875821_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-30783600-1558875827_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-47175200-1558875835_thumb.jpgpost-38519-0-33072100-1558875841_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-56680600-1558875846_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-01543300-1558875852_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-44057100-1558875858_thumb.jpg

Lekker ride! Toughie for sure....and despite a semi-flat got a good ride in. Those thorns were hectic. Anyway, just missed the 4h mark but very chuffed with that.

Even more with the free beer afterwards  :clap:

I'm glad about the thorns, helped me get rid of the last LTX777 <- (the worst sealant known to man) that I had left in my tyres.

There was this young guy, about 3km from the last water point (beer point) - he asked me if I had water. He looked really out of it. We stopped and I filled his bottle from mine. Hope he made it. Folks, you need two bottles on rides like these. Get a proper bike (hardtail) that can take at least two bottles. 

Also stop it with the cleats now. So many rideable terrain I had to wait for the clippy folk to push their bikes over it before I could ride it on flat pedals. Agility means more than a little bit of extra power. 

Will definitely be back for this ride again - it is just so good. 

Lekker race, as always. I thought the vibe was excellent, marshalling was solid, beer at the end is a winner.. but for me two issues to improve for next year - 1. Waterpoints: I did the Long claw 52km, the first stop had bananas and bar ones, the second point had only apples and coke, while the third only Coke - no water available. For a R320 entrance fee I think the organisers can be a little more generous.. or at least tell riders to bring your own sustenance and two water bottles. 2. The race pack is a joke - bath gel and face wash samples, plus an advert for a retirement village.  

So reading the comments:

1. Seeding - a mess
  2. Toilets - not enough
  3. Thorns - plenty
  4. Water points - from good to poor
  5. Water - scarce
  6. Good bags - a joke

But everyone will be back, because the beer is good and plenty.  How you sell a race in the good old SA...  :clap:  :clap:

@Dave - I found the waterpoints to be excellent, we even had people playing drums and singing at one. Used the face wash this morning, and after getting home on Saturday I used the bath gel. 

They just need more crappers next year. 

@Rouxenator - from what I heard the 78km was the race to do. Plenty of excellent water points and single track. Unlike the 52km.....

Promises of MTB heaven in the start chute left me wondering if 90% jeep track and climbs with no fun single track as reward is now considered MTB heaven....

In my humble opinion this race has now grown beyond the point where it is about the riders and the route.

Waterpoints with no water, come on Darling Brew....you are better than that!

was fun.

i was shocked how many people I overheard saying how 'difficult' it was during the ride. And we did the tame  31km ride which was basically a gravel ride. We had to ride the 31km since the 50km race was sold out, but there were plenty of over eager beavers who changed their minds at the splits lol...

I Hardly broke a sweat....almost felt like I didn't deserve the beer.  :ph34r:

All in all it was fun and we'll do it again next year. One thing that had me a bit miffed was that crappy part near the end where they basically took us through the 'rape-veldtjies' and past the treed area where the local 'wildlife' OBVIOUSLY hang out and drink. There was so much broken glass everywhere....almost like the event organisers were like...."if the thorns don't get them..the glass will. :blush: