Giant Anthem 2015 27.5 -> Sram 1x12 upgrade

darthvader007

This was possibly not a good idea, but purchase made and most of the parts are fitted.

So the question is : do you get different spindle lengths or do I just use Sram spacers? I have a pressfit bb and it seems like there are a tad more than 5mm gap. What are my options?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

I assume are fitting a gxp bottom bracket?

If yes then the bb92 deosbt require any spacers except the bearings covers and spring washers supplied with the gxp bottom bracket.

If you have a Shimano BB. Then you will need a Shimano to SRAM gxp conversion kit that includes a shim to fit on the cranks 22mm step on the non drive side.

Easier to just get a sram gxp bottom bracket

The packet says : SRAM dub pressfit bb mtb92. I think I am missing parts. I dont have "bearing covers" and "spring washers".

Got it from CWC and the box did look like it was opened.

The packet says : SRAM dub pressfit bb mtb92. I think I am missing parts. I dont have "bearing covers" and "spring washers".

Got it from CWC and the box did look like it was opened.

Is the crank "dub" cause if it isn't it wont work with a "dub" bb

Not certain on DUB, but even the normal GXP sram cranks have a good deal of exposed axle on the drive side. I'm assuming the principle hasn't changed. The bearings have no pre load, so the crank arm is tightened directly to the spindle and doesn't affect the bearings. See if it has the smaller bearing on the NDS. This leaves a gap on the drive side and it's not meant to have anything there... I don't like the gap so I use two rubber spacer things, just for aesthetics, but that is sram...

But the spindle will move left and right. The preload adjuster cannot adjust far enough.

I.am confused.

There is a spacer missing. Has to be!